PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 want teenagers with teenagers with trichotillomania (hair pulling)

nomorepanic
02-09-08, 18:47
I work at a Television Production company, Maverick Television; I wanted to tell you about a Channel 4 series we are producing here, focusing on teenage health/medical issues. Our series will be broadcast across a week in a high profile health season on Channel 4.

Each of these one hour specials will focus on a theme and is designed to both educate and entertain through informative awareness campaigns and character-led stories focusing on individual patients with related conditions. This series is following the success of our previous series “Embarrassing Bodies”, the series attracted an average of 3 million viewers each day and has been praised for its matter-of-fact approach and slick high productions values - both of which we hope to build on with these new specials.

If you're not familiar with the series, the premise was quite literally to take the embarrassment out of each condition by inviting brave contributors to finally seek medical treatment, thus removing the often self-perceived stigma of their ailment and helping fellow sufferers by raising awareness for the condition.

As part of one of our programmes we are keen to explore the issue of hair loss in young people and in particular trichotillomania. We would be interested in doing that by featuring the story of one young person (or perhaps a small group) the aim would be to inform others about the condition and how it affects peoples’ lives. Also hopefully others watching who have trichotillomania would be able to see how someone else copes with the condition.

If you are a teenager with the condition (or perhaps the parent of a sufferer), then please get in touch with me on l.goodey@mavericktv.co.uk (l.goodey@mavericktv.co.uk) or 020 7874 6685.

Best Wishes
Laura

Laura Goodey
Researcher - Embarrassing Teen Bodies
Maverick Television
40 Churchway, London, NW1 1LW
Direct Dial: 0207 874 6685
Fax: 0207 874 6635

www. mavericktv.co.uk