PDA

View Full Version : So glad of the support here

Carol27
02-09-08, 20:19
I've recently been going through a bout of high anxiety and have had great support here especially from Jill who has been great. I have been having complete panic mainly due to the irrational thoughts of becoming possessed by demons. I think i'm making the mistake of analysing the thought too much, am i right in thinking that it doesn't matter what the thought is that causes the fear as we all feel the same. It just seem to me that it is the thought content that i find so terrifying. even more scarey to me is the fact i try so hard to use common sense and say it doesn't happen, there's no evidence yet it doesn't work so therefore i think if i believe these awful thoughts now then i will even when anxiety goes away, how is it possible to be so afraid of something that doesn't even exist. Best wishes to you all, Carol.

milly jones
02-09-08, 21:05
hi carol

thats what the anx feeds on hunny

we know its irrational but the more u concentrate on trying to dismiss it, the more it gnaws away at u

i read about ppl on nmp and health fears, i dont undertsand how they can be so scared about something that hasnt happened, but i do undertsand that fear. if i have a converstion with someone, im constantly rewinding the video trying to see if i could have upset them in some way. if there is the slightest chance my mind goes into overdrive and the worry becomes an obsession. until i have solved it by checking with them the fear does not go away.

so we all have different irrational thoughts about different fears, but we all have anx

mill xxx