PDA

View Full Version : just when you think you got it beat!!

Neilr1978
03-09-08, 00:43
well gang im back again,ive still been having the odd ectopic but being able to keep a lid on it but recently ive been getting more panicy in general through the same old stuff .i.e fear of heart attacks through the ectopics ive been having less of(cant seem to work that one out myself.So tonight ive been in bed started getting the odd pain in the chest area and bang i think its a heart attack which sets my mind racing.In reality i think i know its not because i ahd these kind of pains before had tests ben to g.p. and im only 30 but hey when the feeling comes on its hard to stop the anxiety.:weep: :weep: :weep:

Alisonj
03-09-08, 02:56
I am sorry that you are suffering again. It seems to be a one step forward and two step back type of thing. I myself have been reassured by cardiologists and many doctors that my heart is fine. However that worry does not go away. My dad died at 40 and had a triple bypass at age 31 so its almost like I expect it or something. It consumes me alot.
The best we can do is try to retrain our brains to think positively and have trust in our doctors. Also doing things to stay healthy etc doesnt hurt. I hope you feel better soon.

Neilr1978
03-09-08, 03:14
I am sorry that you are suffering again. It seems to be a one step forward and two step back type of thing. I myself have been reassured by cardiologists and many doctors that my heart is fine. However that worry does not go away. My dad died at 40 and had a triple bypass at age 31 so its almost like I expect it or something. It consumes me alot.
The best we can do is try to retrain our brains to think positively and have trust in our doctors. Also doing things to stay healthy etc doesnt hurt. I hope you feel better soon.

thanks alisonj

Mikke
03-09-08, 04:33
In most cases, if your hearth is otherwise healthy, the ectopics follows stressfull periods - so I don't think one can really beat them once and for all.
Unless of course you beat stress - but that's not an easy task.

One little trick that has helped me for some weird reason is to be prepared for them. If I'm very stressed, I say to my self; "ok, now I'm really stressed out, and this puts a lot of stresshormones into my bloodstream, which again could lead to ectopics - and that's a normal physiological event".
Maybe it takes away some of the fear that fuels them, I don't know, but it helps a lot...

yanksforever
03-09-08, 17:23
Neil, ectopics can't cause heart attacks. Just remember that. Recently I saw a 2 min thing on TV about heart failure and my progress went down the drain. Then I realized what an idiot I am. I got tense and low and behold, I had 3 BANGS! in my heart that day. being tense and stressed causes these. You can have hundreds a day but they won't hurt you.

Neilr1978
05-09-08, 19:25
thanks guys for your words of support it really does help.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

TracyL
11-09-08, 02:55
Hi Neil

I know exactly what you mean. I too have been good for several months. Still experiencing the palps etc but not as bad (or else I wasn't as scared of them) then wham over the last couple of weeks they've been sneaking back :blush: . Not sure if they have gotten worse or whether I have just started to worry about them :wacko: . I'm trying hard to ignore them but i can feel the whole stomach churning etc and i'm busy waiting for the next palp:scared15: . I know diet etc and all that can make a difference but jeez it gets so frustrating.

You're not alone, we are all in very good company (if I say so myself). Keep plodding on as we are all fine we just need to believe in ourselves.

take care
Tracy

Neilr1978
11-09-08, 20:18
hiya tracy,

you still getting these damn things as well?its a damn pain especially when they have been gone a while and all of a sudden...WHAMMO!! and you s**t yourself becuase its so unexpected then all you do after that is wait for the next one which gives you that knot in your tummy which makes you feel the anxiety which triggers another ectopic which makes the knot in the tummy bigger which makes.....ARRGGHH the circle continues.The one thing i CAN say has helped for me is decaff coffee,my ectopics have or should i say had dropped by 60-70% ooohh well back to the drawing board:)