PDA

View Full Version : reasurance needed xx

nic x
03-09-08, 09:54
hi, im after some reasurrance rarther then any thing else, iv suffered with anxeity n panic for bout 9 yrs of and on, wen it cums i do fall on meds, iv had a really bad time these past few months, were its totally taken over my life and stopped me doin things i need to do, rather than want. the doc prescribed beta blockers and im having councilling, iv never taken a beta blocker as i scared ov wat might happen?? so this past week, iv totally fought with myself and tried so hard to change my attitude, instead of,
" i cant," i will tell myself," i will", instead of "what if " im saying "so what" so on, im forcing myself into the car n driving, while its so uncomfortable iv found now it wears of, i can really do it, but only with a fight, please tell me im not going to be fighting for ever, as i just so much want a stress free, happy not scared life again, and enjoy my kids instead of being snappy all the time, i have had a confidence boost as im doing things now, instead of just crying and losing it, but this constant fight to do it is really taking its toll, does it get easiar?????????

milly jones
03-09-08, 10:45
my anx and dep got so bad i resorted to meds. theres no telling what i be like without taking them, and generally i do feel better with them, but its a constant battle of changing my behaviour

beta blockers did nothing for me, but effects of meds differ from person to person.

when i did take propanalol, nothing adverse happened

just want to hug u hunny

milly xxx

london
03-09-08, 12:10
it will get easy as time gos on

Hope 2
04-09-08, 16:53
Hey Nic

Yes it can and does get easier. Maybe we might always have blips .............. but hey you know wot to do now, and it's worked. YOU are your best therapist, I think you have done amazing, well flippin done :yesyes: . Keep up the positive attitude and u will get there I am sure.

Cheerio
Hope xx

jill
05-09-08, 00:35
Hi Nic :D :hugs:

First of all I would like to say how well you are doing, I know dame well how hard it is to face your fears, YOUR DOING IT, WELL DONE :yesyes:

You know its dame hard work, BUT, the hard work WILL pay off in the end and it WILL get easyer, each time you do these thing's, you are re-programing your mind and showing yourself, IT CAN BE DONE, but, it takes time, it will get easyer hun.

I do hope you are taking time out as well hun, when we are in recovery it is sooo important it find something that is NOT a struggle, to take time out and find something that we enjoy, time away from panic, anxiety, time away from thinking of panic, anxiety, ANYTHING, the mind also needs a rest from trying to recover, mmm, do you know what I mean?

YOU ARE DOING GREAT HUN :hugs: KEEP up the good work and all your hard work WILL pay off.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX