PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Taking Propranolol

AngelDelight
03-09-08, 11:09
Hi There,
I was first prescribed Propranolol over 2 years ago. I started off on lower dose, gradually increasing it. At the time, I had a lot going on and it was like I was on a high for so long that I stopped taking it. Since my anxiety, panic attacks and depression has got worse. I tried going cold turkey for one of my antidepressants and obviously have suffered bad from withdrawal symptons.
Now my ds is back at school, the thought of having to go out the house scares me. I hate having panic attacks as each one is different but I feel so scared and nervous and very jumpy especially when I have to go out of the house. Each time it gets harder and negative thoughts fill my head.
I am worried If I restart the propranolol, I will get horrible side affects, I need to go doctors but I missed my appointment, even that I dread each time.
Does it really work properly? I dont like my heart racing like Im going to have a heart attack, I hate my legs feeling like they are turning into jelly, I hate having the hot flushes when I feel like im burning up and all red? Arrgghh there is s much more, If it really does help when is best to take it and should I take it every single day? I hate taking my meds as it is, makes me pysically sick sometimes especially tablets.
Thanks and sorry for the long rant.x

london
03-09-08, 12:09
just give the meds time to work and if there is any bad things happening you can ring your doctor or nhs why not come in the chat room one day and talk to others who are on the same meds

AngelDelight
03-09-08, 14:28
Thanks,I will give it a try.I only joined yesterday so once my 5 days is up, i will defo go into the chatroom - thanks.

nanny
03-09-08, 15:40
Hi
I Agree, give it a go. I have been on these meds years and never had any side affects, i wuoldn't know what to do without them now.

Good Luck:)

owainm
06-09-08, 21:42
Hi there I too have had prop for anxiety and they work the only side effects were they can make you feel tired but this passes