PDA

View Full Version : so i had a pelvic scan

missy_swallows
03-09-08, 12:08
and i have overian cysts on the right hand side. has anyone else had that... i amthinking because of my extreme periods too much info sorry guys this has causeed a hormonal imbalance and cause all the anxiety and dizziness? i was never a anxious person my first panic attack happened after i was taking a shower and suddenly came over all dizzy... has anyone else had a overian cyst before? thanks for reading! x

Catwoman
03-09-08, 12:35
Yes I have polycystic ovary syydrome, I have a large cyst on my left ovary. I did not think that they cause panics. I know they can cause us to be hairy and have period problems! But did not think they caused depression!

jannnne
03-09-08, 13:08
I have a small cyst on my right ovary. Gives me painful ovulation and made me hairy, bad tempered and my periods got really short and light. I don't think it gave me depression but my PMS went of the scale. Lots of plate and trays of roasted veg ooh and some flowers went flying accross the kitchen. Went on dianette for about 5 years. Still have painful ovulation on right hand side but no other symptoms apart from all the usual PMS ones. Doctor told me I was perimenopausal I am still only 39.

missy_swallows
03-09-08, 14:48
well i have been reading and talking to my dr about this and my cysts are caused by a hormonal issue and i was wondering if anyone else had suffered from this. i dont have any extra hair but i have stuck on about 3 stone in a year boo.

Symptoms of hormone imbalance in women may begin as early as the late 20's to the 40's. Symptoms of hormone imbalance in women tend to increase as a woman ages, especially if ignored in the earlier years. Hormone imbalance symptoms can be any one or more of the following:
• Allergy symptoms

• Depression, fatigue and anxiety

• Endometriosis

• Fibrocystic breasts

• Hair loss and facial hair growth

• Headaches, dizziness and foggy thinking

• Low sex drive

• Osteoporosis

• PMS

• Urinary tract infections and incontinence

• Uterine fibroids

• Weight gain, water retention and bloating

• Wrinkly skin
Symptoms of hormone imbalance are caused primarily by the incorrect relationship between progesterone and estrogen levels in the body. The two female hormones, estrogen and progesterone, exist in a delicate balance. Variations in that balance can have a dramatic effect on your health, resulting in symptoms of hormone imbalance. The amounts of these hormones that the woman's body produces from month to month can vary, depending on factors such as stress, nutrition, exercise and most importantly -- ovulation or the lack of ovulation.