PDA

View Full Version : using Bach flower's rescue remedy

chicken licken
03-09-08, 12:37
hi,

Ive just invested in the Bach flower rescue remedy spray, so far so good it does seem to take the edge of a brewing flap (panic) enough for me to grip of it, before it grips me anyway:wink:

It says on the info label it 'provides support at times of emotional demand, such as before drving test.. 'etc etc' ....... or when you need a little help'

I've tended to need 'a little help' a lot of the time over the last month than usual.

Is it possible to use the rescue remedy too much? will it lose its effectiveness or anything?
:smile:

HeatherMc
03-09-08, 14:06
Read the labels carefully, I think it is very hard to overdose on these remedies, but what I used to do was put a few drops of resuce remedy in my water bottle and sip it throughout the day, you can combine various remedies and sort of make your own cocktail which is personal to what you are feeling, but I think the rescue one is already a few mixed together so you have to be careful, they have a website have a good look on there.

If anything it will broaden your horizons to what they offer, they also do a massage cream.

Lots of Love

Heather

chicken licken
04-09-08, 16:23
hi , thanks for the reply,
The bottle label dosnt say anything other than 2 spays when you 'need a little help'
I should have picked up a leaflet when I bought it really ! lol!
I will look at the website I dont know why I didntbefore ,

and bach flower cocktails!
I did see that the rescue remedy is a combination of a few different ones but never crossed my mind about making up my own, I will definately look into that and Thanks for that tip

lol ! ....I think that might start costing me a bit of money with all my list of complaints and the different bottles needed for each lol!

nettles
04-09-08, 16:37
Hi
I think I nearly gulped down a whole bottle of Rescue Remedy once in a state of panic and there were no adverse effects (or no effects at all!). What little relaxation I got came from the alcohol in which the flower remedy is suspended. I found it handier and more effective to carry a miniature bottle of whisky with me- I don't usually drink alcohol (I am vomit-phobic and the relationship between alcohol and vomiting is too great) so a tiny nip has quite a calming effect on me.
Another thing that calms me down is putting some olbas oil on a tissue and slowly inhaling, this clears my head and makes me breath more slowly and deeply. I think the Flower Remedies are very expensive for little result, but that is only my opinion!
Nettles x

amandaj
04-09-08, 20:44
hi ive had this in past and ive used a bottle in a day it didnt do me any harm ,its only herbal so should be ok it worked for a while but then i needed proper medication but if it works for you go for it good luck

amandax

chicken licken
26-09-08, 21:00
hi , thanks or replys, Im starting to think the spray is doing nothing but confirming to myself of the thought that Im not ok and panky and is possibley now making me worse... maybe if I belived it would work it may have a placebo effect but tbh Im not beliving in much when it comes to a cure....

nettles, you made me grin about the mini bottle o whiskey, you have a point there , and I should think very much cheaper, but I cant stand whiskey , more of a vodka drinker, but I drive and worry about crashing any way let alone having a drink so I may try the olbus oil or vicks, I can see that being quite reasuring to , like a familliar smell from childhood times of my mum using it when Im ill..... plus like you say it clears your head ...I suppose like smelling salts would .