PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Tori M
03-09-08, 17:25
Hi New to the site today after I had a good read of some of the threads today and realised I am not alone. It felt like I have been for the past few months.

Diagnosed with depression/anxiety/panic attacks in April. Looking back now I think I have been suffering from depression for many years but just plodded on as when 'down' my Mother constantly said to me to pull myself together. She didn't believe in this sort of things. She died late last year and over the next few months life when down & down until April when I took a load of pills.

Now having therapy and taking meds. Started on fluoxitine helped with the depression but made panic attacks really bad. Changed to another med which did nothing. Then 8 weeks ago started citalopram,- now up to 30mg. Panic attacks gone but depression worse!

Hope to get much needed support as people around me have not taken to this well and if anything are making things worse. Just can't seem to understand that it not simply a case of holding my chin up high and smiling

milly jones
03-09-08, 17:35
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs:

Southern_Belle
03-09-08, 18:24
Hi Tori,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

lorac
03-09-08, 19:12
Hi Tori

Welcome to the site I am sure you will meet many people on here who will offer you good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

nanny
03-09-08, 19:31
Hi Tori
A big :welcome: to NMP

You will find there are lots of lovely people on this site who will all be wiling if able to give you any advice you need.

nomorepanic
03-09-08, 21:27
Hi Tori

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

pooh
04-09-08, 08:35
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

lesleya
04-09-08, 09:04
Hi and :welcome: :welcome: to nmp.

You'll get lots of help and support and make many new friends