PDA

View Full Version : So upset

Alisonj
04-09-08, 03:48
Had to go to the ER tonight for a UTI because my doc is on vacation for 2 weeks. I was in a room when the nurse came in and said "we need to move you to another room" As we walked out of the room the ambulance attendants were coming in with a man in full arrest. They were working super hard on him. They put me in a room across the hall and then they sounded the Code Blue alarms.
Suddenly I was 14 again and reliving my dads death. I felt horrible, starting having major anxiety and then the panic set in. Thankfully the alarms stopped and I think they brought him back. But they were talking about how bad of shape he was in and that someone had to tell his wife. I remembered the look on the doctors face that came and told us my dad was dead.
It has been years, why is this affecting me so bad. I finally got hom after 4 hours or so and I am a mess. I am beyond anxious and shaking and cant stop crying:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

xBettyBoopx
04-09-08, 03:56
Hi Alison

Big hugs for you hunnie:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Must have been a terrible experience & understandable because of what happened to your dad. Re-living traumatic experiences makes us anxious & upset, but we can't help it. Have a really good cry, get it out of your system & I hope you feel a bit better 2moro.

http://alain-piriou.net/dotclear/images/hugsCAreBear.gif
for you Alison.

Take care

Love
Els
xxx

Alisonj
04-09-08, 03:58
Thank you so much, I can defintely use the hugs right now.

Janieb
04-09-08, 08:31
:hugs: shame man that is a bit terrifying because as you said it just reminded you of your dad and I think what is worse is that you start to empathise with the person you hardly know in the other room, your mind starts ticking overtime asking all these questions that shouldn't be there in the first place. (hope that makes sense)

Hope your panic subsides soon, maybe just take a moment to relax, have a hot bath or something you really enjoy doing. :hugs: :flowers:

joyce1980
04-09-08, 10:04
This event was Traumatic for you and to hear those sounds and know what's going on in the other room...... Of course that's going to bring back the memories and hurt.

Give you kids a big hug and husband, go have a hot choccy and a bath and try to breath..your on paroxetine right?? that should help you some of the way.

I'm very sorry and hope you get back on track soon.

Alisonj
04-09-08, 17:47
Thank you all so much. Just being able to write it down helped alot and your thoughts and hugs help so much.