PDA

View Full Version : More symptoms

jannnne
04-09-08, 08:14
Hi I have been posting quite a bit recently. I got some tablets yesterday from my doc for acid reflux she thinks. I forgot to ask her to look in my throat and ear. I have all the ususal symptoms in the morning, foul taste, lumpy thorat, phlegm feeling, cough. During the day however my neck has been getting so sore like when your glands are up, I am also getting bad ear ache mainly in left ear really deep down like its in my throat and it hurts a lot when I swallow. Its gone in the morning just the refulx symptoms. I am also so tired really really tired. Is this all acid reflux I am worried I have cancer somewhere in my neck/throat/mouth/ear. She said to go back if no better in a month but I don't know if my anxiety can last that long. How long should I give it do you think?

tashbarnes87
04-09-08, 12:49
heya, well just like you i went back to the doctors yesterday as my so called acid reflux symptoms wernt getting any better.

Lump in throat, constantly swallowing muscus, etc and he gave me some anti biotics to see if its a sinus infection. He checked my neck and one thing he said is my thiroid gland is enlarged and he did a blood test. Apparently thiroid can cause all of this including anxiety soo i will let you know A if the anti biotics work B if my blood test shows an underactive thiroid. Also i know we should google our symptoms but i truely believe it could be post nasal drip and thats what i think i have. I think the below website is safe for us worriers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-nasal_drip

Look at the symptoms i can litterally tick them off. What about you? if it is its complete harmless just annoying

x

jannnne
04-09-08, 13:21
Thank you for your info have looked at web site for post nasal drip I have some but not all of symptoms my nose is really clear. Please do let me know how you get on. I hope the antibiotics works. I will keep on with my tablets, doc said it may take a month to get better if I have burnt my throat with stomach acid. Just a long time to wait if its not acid reflux I have already had this since end of July. I might go back before a month though. Lots of love Janex