PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic pain... laydeez please

Zingara
04-09-08, 10:42
For a while now I've had this... along with nightmare periods and mood disturbances around my period. I put it down to 'mittelschmerz', that pain you sometimes get between periods, and also the fact that I had several painful ovarian infections when I was a teenager. But it seems to be getting worse lately, and last night I was in total agony with it, I could hardly move. It felt a bit like wind pain but it wasn't, all around my lower abdomen, lower back and even down my buttocks, it was horrible. I only slept patchily because of the pain.
I think I should go to the doctor really, but I mentioned this pain before and the doctor I saw was quite dismissive, I think because I am an anxiety sufferer they don't take me seriously.
I am really tired of having all these problems.... has anyone else been through anything similar, please?

nomorepanic
04-09-08, 10:47
I have this too - very painful isn't it?

Turns out I have fibroids and an ovarian cyst so that will be causing the pain.

You need to get referred for a scan to be sure.

milly jones
04-09-08, 10:52
i get probs with constipation before my period and this gives me horrendous pains abdominally, least i presume thats what it is

i also get tweaks of pain in the ovary area which have worried me in the past

why not go to the sexual health clinic, formally family planning and have a chat with the nurses there

they were great with me

milly xx

countrygirl
04-09-08, 11:30
I have had ovulation pain all my life ( well since periods at 11yrs old) and I call it my walking on eggs pain because if you put your foot down to hard or stand up or sit down you have to do it very very gently cos the pain shooting up from bottom of abdomen to above hip is eye watering.

with me it lasted 2-3 days always finishing on day 14 of cycle but since I became perimenopausal its changed. I now go months with no pain or I just get a heavy feeling as if my isides are dropping out or I get terrible ovulation pain lasting a couple of weeks.

It would't harm to ask for a pelvic ultrasound scan just to confirm that this pain is ovulation and not caused by a cyst. I have found if I explain to my Dr what it is I am worried about and ask for something like " I am worried my ovulation pain is being caused by a cyst can I have an ultrasound scan" then they are usually happy to send you for one even if they don't thnk you need one- probably to keep you quiet!

Anxious_gal
04-09-08, 15:03
i went to hospital yesterday with pelvic pain, my friend was there too with the same thing, so i guess its common. i have to go see a gynocologist and have a scan done, so does my friend. there is lots of things that causes pelvic pain. as a woman you need to get this checked out. nevermind your doctor!
another of my friends got sent home from a hospital, told nothing was wrong with her, turns out she had cysts on her overies, so please go get a scan done, if your in pain then its the best thing to do x x

Zingara
04-09-08, 15:15
Thanks everyone, I have got an appointment for tomorrow morning (given very grudgingly by the dragons on reception) and I am going to insist this time that I have a scan and don't just get sent home with painkillers. In the meantime I'm lying down feeling very sorry for myself and tearful! The last thing I need is another medical drama, but I know I need to get this properly checked out. xxx

missy_swallows
04-09-08, 16:44
hello, i had scan on monday after a year and a bit of having awful periods i have cysts it seems on my right overie... i had to beg my dr for a scan so say you want a scan. drs always try and blag everytrhing off with anxiety.