PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a panic attack like this?

SamanthaAU
04-09-08, 11:54
Hi,

2 weeks ago I was falling asleep in the early hours of the morning (after putting my son back to bed!) and felt this massive wave of nausea come over me, followed by a pins and needles/numbness feeling. This would have lasted about 20 seconds, then I felt dizzy and had the shakes for ages. I also felt like I was about to get a phonecall or something advising me of bad news.

I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced anything similar?

Cheers,
Sam

milly jones
04-09-08, 12:01
an overwhelming sense of doom going to happen, yes hunny

i get it quite often at night when my brain is relaxed and not preoccupied with stuff

if theres something pending that could cause worry they develop into pas

for me its anx calling to remind me to keep it under control

not mjuch help i know, but at least i can share ur concerns

milly xx

kellie
04-09-08, 14:47
Had that this morning hun
my feet had only been on the floor for about 10 seconds when the wave hit me and the dizziness came with the sick feeling
oh and the hot rush with the sweats.
its lasted about 3 mins and then i went freezing cold and just wanted to sleep, which i would have done if i didnt need to be at the vets for 9.15

Yvonne
04-09-08, 17:10
Sam

That impending doom feeling is completely classic with anxiety - I get it a lot it's horrible. I've had lots of tingling sensations before - pins and needles maybe similar. The nausea feeling I've had as well and again it's not nice. It is defo anx in my opinion but if you are worried have a word with gp.

Yvonne

jill
05-09-08, 00:23
Hi hun :D :hugs:

YES, I have had this too, but I would say it was not panic, but a higher level of anxiety.

When I first joined this great site, I was told to number my panic, anxiety.

10, being full blown panic (your worse, we all know are worse) and 0 being, feeling normal and anything inbetween levels of anxiety, depending on the level, the higher the number the higher the anxiety feeling, the lower the number, the lesser the anxiety.

I would of rated this as a mmmm maybe a 7 or 8, even a 9, depending on how scary it was how long it lasted. The reason for this was, I could say to myself, HAY, at least it was not panic, be proud of myself for not hitting my 10 (my worse)

The reasons for doing this, is to help yourself, know and understand, what was my panic and what was anxiety, try and help myself know that anxiety DOSE NOT always lead to panic.

Know and understand that even if we do not hit a 10 (your worse, full blown panic) its still possible for the flight, fight response to kick in, hence, symptoms of independing doom, the feeling, that something bad is going to happen, remember when the flight, fight response kicks in, we are looking for danger, we feel it, but we cannot see it, we just feel it, but this is anxiety ( I know this can be scary, but its harmless)

Your shaking was your bodys way of trying to get rid of the adrenaline, we get a rush of andrenalin in this level of anxiety and if we don't use it up, your body will do it for you, (by shaking) I would run up the stairs or jump up and down, but, if its ealy hours of the morning you may not feel like doing something like this, but its ok just letting your body do it for you, but keep a check on your thought pattens, try not to fear these symptoms hun, this will only fuel the anxiety, just let it be there, tell yourself, its ok, IT WILL PASS.

As I said, I have had these symptoms at the same time, but it was not my 10, for me, I feel, making it a lesser number, puts lesser importants on it, putting lesser importants on it helped me move on a little.

ONLY YOU know if this was your 10 (your worse) but it seems to me, if it was, ohhh boy, it did not last long and you did GREAT :yesyes: you handled it well, be pround of yourself, then what you where left with was adrenaline and a lesser level of anxiety for awhile, please hun, you are not alone with these symtpoms, as you can see by your replies, this is all normal for panic, anxiety.

I know its dame hard for you, BUT, PLEASE take note, IT DID PASS, it may never happen again, we must learn to eccept how we are,( FOR NOW) BUT NOT expect to feel like this again, mmm am I making any sense?

you take care

LOVE JILLXXX

SamanthaAU
07-09-08, 11:56
Thank you all very much for your answers xxxx

thinker_bell
07-09-08, 21:52
i suffer alot with panic and anxiety.. ur symptoms r too familiar..
i have the nausea, the shaking uncontrollably and the over whelming sense of fear and you think that it is very real even tho its jus anxiety... i always feel at the time that coz im havin all these bad symptoms when i get these scarey thoughts that im in some way psycic and my body can tell somethin bads gon na happen... but then i calm down and buggar all happened.. !! but i am mental and get wierd thoughts when im panicing..
hope it was a little help to know that u r very much normal.. even tho ur body doesnt do those things when bad news is goin 2 happen, if it did then id b very rich rite now! hehehe
xxx

june
08-09-08, 12:02
Maybe this is a stupid question. These sensations - do they feel as if your whole insides have just washed out through your feet??????
I go pale and feel very very frightend and totally exhausted when this happens.