PDA

View Full Version : hi, having a bad time at the mo !!!!

Robbs
04-09-08, 13:28
hi my names Rob, thought i'd register cos im having a bad time at the mo :weep:, i've been living with axiety and panic attacks since i was 17 im 30 now, it all started due to being a bit of a tear away as a youngster, i dabbled with drugs and drunk alot ect and one night i got into a fight and got head butted about 5 times then felt really strange for about a week, then one evening out with my friends thats when i had my first panic attack and i was convinced one of them had spiked me with with an E, next morning i woke up and felt exactly the same so i saw the doc and he refered me to a phychiatrist who couldn't really find the root of the problem and blamed it on to much drugs when i was so young as nothing in perticular sets off a panic attack for me they just happen, i gave up drugs straight away but replaced them with more drink, anyway i was really bad for about 2-3 years panic and anxiety everyday and the only relief i had was to get drunk but i learnt to live with it and it wasn't as bad for 2 years but my drinking got out of control and i was drinking almost everyday till i was plastered, untill one night in 2000 i woke up feeling like i couldn't breath and bang from that moment it all came back even worse and with hyperventalation so i gave up drinking straight away, i was really bad for a good 2 years but i had a good girlfriend and she helped me alot by dragging me out when i wouldn't leave the house etc as i was close to becoming agrophobic, i learnt to cope with it all just by trying to get on with it and ignoring it which works quite well for me and for the last 5 years or so even though it still affected me almost everyday i just got on with it and managed to live a normal life and from 2006 till then end of 2007 hardly any panic attacks at all just mildly axious which i can ignore :yesyes:.
but i split with my girlfriend of nearly 9 years at the end of last year and had to move back home with my mum so i was stressed out and in january my eyes suddenly went funny like someone had just taken a picture (flash) so i went to the eye clinic the next day, they checked and said all was fine it was probably a migraine, this still didnt make me feel any better and my eyes weren't right for 3 weeks or so, then i was fine for 2 months untill it came back again but not so bad just feels like i've got tired eyes with a few flashes etc so i ignore it and it goes away, but last month i got it pretty bad and had to have a few days off work but as usual it went away, and on tuesday morning i woke up at 5.00 am with pain in my eyes flashing lights slightly blurred vision and its really freaked me out also feels like im living in a dream since then and im looking through someone else's eyes (sounds wierd i know but thats the only way i can explain it) this has made me really axious and panicy, i haven't been to work since and have only nipped down the shop twice as well, im 90% sure its just all axiety again, but im just after a bit of reasurance as i've had all the symptoms before but never got eye ache quite so bad with it, also it hurts in my cheecks and sinuses but that could be down to a hole in my tooth lol, i've rung the doctor and im waiting on a call back so we'll see what he thinks.

anyway thats my axiety story (sorry bout the essay got a bit carried away lol)

cheers Rob

Moo
04-09-08, 14:02
Hi Rob

Firstly welcome to the site. You will find it helpful to know that you aren't alone in this horrible phase of your life.
Alot of the stuff you describe, I have experienced, such as weird eyes, pain in face. You just sort of get used to it, i guess! I have agrophobic moments as well, but I have managed to not give in to that, although I dont have a lot of choice as no one else will take the kids to school or go to the supermarket.
I did some stupid stuff when I was younger and wonder if thats why my brain is 'broken' now.

Hopefully your doc will reassure you. If you want to chat anytime, just PM me.

Take care
Moo

Robbs
04-09-08, 14:28
yep cheers for the welcome

i know ignoring its the best thing and it has always worked for me, its just getting so frustrating that every time i feel im getting somewhere with it and it aint ruling my life bang another symptom takes me back to square one again :mad:.

Southern_Belle
04-09-08, 15:33
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. It does sound like you do have migraines, I get them too and they are awful. I hope you can get your tooth fixed today. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

lorac
04-09-08, 16:09
Hi Rob

Welcome to the site I am sure you will meet many people on here who will understand what you are going through.

Take care

Carol

milly jones
04-09-08, 17:44
a really warm welcome to the nmp family hunny

milly xxx :hugs:

Robbs
04-09-08, 19:11
cheers everyone for the welcome, i spoke to the doctor and he thinks i probably just have dry eyes and blocked sinusis, im not entirely convinced bout the dry eyes but probably right bout the sinusis as my face does hurt, anyway i've pulled myself together a bit today think its helped writing it all out so thank you people :yesyes:

thinker_bell
04-09-08, 20:46
hi hun
so sorry to hear youre having a bad time..
i read your story and saw so mush of myself in you... although im only 22, i feel 62 :-)
i dabbled with e's and other naughty substances a couple of yrs bk wen my panic attacks had lay dormant for a yr or so i thought i was normal again n did all the stuff my normal friends were doing only i was the one who went 2 far took 2 much ended up on the ccu in hospital and my anxiety has never been dormant since !! i too was agraphobic at around 17 n jus came on out of the blue after having a gastric bug but i slowly snapped out of it after a gruelling 6months n will never go down that road again, i still get a little anxious wen i go out n im far away from home n no i cant get home straight away if i needed to but i take a lil botlle of rescue remedie with m e, i no ive gone on about mydelf 4 a while on ur thread but i jusst hope that u reading that i too have been thru what u have and still do and blame drugs on the brunt of it makes u feel less alone, im a new member but just reading thru peoples stories and knowing i finally have the support i know i need (coz no body understnds in the real world) is a satisfying feeling and i finally have a little hope, the pills arent the cure .. the friends n support are.. youre not going mad and youre not going to be like this forever...

nomorepanic
04-09-08, 22:11
Hi Rob

:welcome:

Have a good read of the pages on the left for loads of support and advice.

Hope it is of some help.

Lindalou64
06-09-08, 02:18
Hello Rob And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda