PDA

View Full Version : Hello

LisaJ
18-05-05, 20:39
Hello
I'm new here and this site has made me feel so much better already. My name is Lisa and I've been fighting depression on and off for about 8 years. My Gp is hopeless but I had been doing really well until about six months ago when I went downhilll again. I went from being just generally depressed, to self harming myself to having a full on panic attack yesterday which scared me half to death.
I saw an emergency Gp last night who has put me on Propanolol and thats how I found this site, just typing that word into Yahoo and I'm so glad I did. This site has been more helpful to me than anyone anywhere in the past six months. I've been reading through some posts and people are saying various things I've been saying for a while, and suddenly I dont feel stupid or like I'm the only one, I dont feel like a freak anymore.
I do constantly worry that I'm whinging or doing things to get attention, my parents brought me up to believe that a lot, so I guess thats why.
But I just wanted to say its nice to find somewhere where people appear to feel exactly the same way I do. I am waiting to see a psychiarist but what are you supposed to do while your waiting? There are days when you really feel like you can't wait anymore, I know I do.
I think it was the panic attack that frightened me the most, I've never really had one before and I hope to god I never get anything like that again.
Sorry for the long waffle, I have a habit of doing that, I'll shut up now.
Great informative site, the best I've ever come across:)[Wow!]

Lis
x

EmmaJane
18-05-05, 20:45
Welcome to the site Lisa. It is a brilliant site, keep coming back. You will get lots of help here

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Craig
18-05-05, 20:45
Hi Lis,

Welcome to the site -- you'll find lots of people with similar experiences to you and lots of support here.

Craig

seh1980
18-05-05, 20:56
Welcome to the forum Lisa!! Hope we can offer you some good support!! :D

florence
18-05-05, 21:03
Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll get all the support you need.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

carlin
18-05-05, 21:10
Hi Lisa,
Welcome, so glad you have found the site. You are not stupid, alone nor a freak,it's just the awful symptoms, and not knowing what's going on makes us feel this way at times. read all the information you can here, and keep in touch. take care.

Karen
18-05-05, 21:51
Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum. Glad you have found the forum so helpful. You are not alone and definitely are not a freak.

I've suffered from depression for a number of years and also have a problem with self harm. You might find the information about self harm here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/selfharm.htm) helpful.

You will also get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
18-05-05, 22:28
Lisa,

Whilst you're waiting stick around here

Follow this: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)
and get any book by Claire Weekes and that'll set you on the right track.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pinkscrumpy
19-05-05, 08:01
welcome aboad. Hope the site can help

MANDIE XX

Johnny
19-05-05, 08:19
Hi Lisa -

You've found the site, you've got things planned and you know what it happenning to you is common and cureable -
the worsed is already behind you !

Johnny.

jill
19-05-05, 08:24
Hi Lisa,

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

LOVE JILLXX

tasha
19-05-05, 10:44
Hello and welcome :)

LisaJ
19-05-05, 10:48
[:O][Wow!] all these replies. Thanks everyone for the weclome.
As daft as it sounds running my own forum (for a guitar player in a rock band) is what brought me down and being too involved with people I thought were my friends, and people I thought I could trust is what brought everything to a head, so forgive me if I'm a bit distant and a bit untrusting for a while. Maybe they did me all a favour, I probably got as bad as I can get, and you have to get worse before you can get better right?
I'm going to spend some time looking through this forum, I already feel better having read the little that I did last night, so thank you all once again.

Lis
xx
PS There are quite a few Lisa's around isn't there? lol[:o)]

buffybot
19-05-05, 20:12
I hope this site helps you and welcome :D