PDA

View Full Version : Please help me.

sunnydays
04-09-08, 19:16
I am battling agoraphobia and today decided to go for a walk out. I was panicky but set off down the road. After a few yards I started hyperventilating and couldn't breathe. I then felt my IBS come on and felt full of wind and bloated. I thought I might pass out. I managed to get home but have felt shaky, panicky and short of breath ever since. It's like one long panic attack. My legs are like jelly and I can hardly walk from room to room.

I really need reassurance that this is normal.

Please help.

Sunny

MANDAPANDA87
04-09-08, 19:26
Dont worry that is normal, just keep on walking and pretending its not happening when i felt like that i used to clean my house it definitly kept me distracted and helped me calm down just think its just a feeling and there is an end to it the more your going to stress about it the longer its going to stay so just relax, you will be fine i went through that for a month straight with no end believe me its normal. Try putting on music and dancing i used to do that and sing to it helped me a lot act like a fool

milly jones
04-09-08, 19:28
hey well done for getting out

just small steps each time u go

focus on the positive hunny

try again tomorrow, get to today's point where u stopped and see if u can take one more step

good luck hunny

and yes it is normal

hugs

milly xxx

Anxious_gal
04-09-08, 19:58
ya it is normal, hey you went out thats really good! even though you panicked nothing really bad happened and you managed to get home safely

belle
04-09-08, 20:08
Hi hun..
Panic will get you any which way it think it can.
It's perfectly normal for it to just pounce. Thats what it likes to do the best...scare the crap out of us.

x

honeybee3939
04-09-08, 20:11
Hi Sunny

Definatley symptoms of panic/anxiety, my main fear used to be the passing out one, the symptoms where so real!:ohmy:

Believe me though hun i have never passed out in the 13 years of suffering! Keep trying to go out, prove to yourself that nothing bad will happen it gets easier i promise.:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

amandaj
04-09-08, 20:34
hi its very normal its awful though ,i was in a shop other day and had to hold on to counter cos felt like going to pass out , but i didnt and im still here to tell the tale hope your feeling betterx

feels_like_home
04-09-08, 20:42
The more I push myself, the more anxious I feel at first. Lately my anxiety has been really bad and I keep forcing myself to leave the house everyday. Today I was out all day. It was a pretty stressful day. When I got home it hit me. I felt really sick, spaced out and like I was going to pass out. It lasted a few hours, but I am feeling better now. I know how horrible the feelings are when you are pushing yourself, but eventually you won't feel that way. You will gain more and more confidence. The anxiety was really bad a few years ago and pushing myself helped me to feel better. I took small steps because I don't think it is a good idea to over do it too quickly. You must be so proud that you went out today regardless of how you felt. One day you will go out and not feel that way. Just take it one moment at a time.
Take care.
Michelle

sunnydays
05-09-08, 18:19
Bless you, all of you.

I'm feeling better for reading your replies. Nobody understands unless they've been there themselves so it's lovely to be able to come here and talk to people who have gone through these terrible symptoms and know how I feel.

I managed to get out this morning despite feeling shaky and breathless. I went to visit my mum. Okay so I got a taxi there and back and so didn't do any walking but at least I managed to leave the house. I felt sorry for the taxi driver though. He was trying to make conversation and all he got in reply was heavy breathing! Poor man. I'll bet he'll avoid me in future!

Thank you again all of you. You've really helped me. I still feel shaky and on edge but just knowing that there is a place I can come and be reassured is wonderful. Bless you all!

love
Sunny

Anxious_gal
05-09-08, 19:12
i find taking taxi's hard, so well done! it's not fun being stuck in a car with someone you dont know hoping they wont notice your anxiety. you were feeling nervous and you still went! thats the key, to do thing even when your anxious, i hope you had a nice day x x

london
05-09-08, 19:16
yer its normal, as you do it more it will get better

london
05-09-08, 19:18
i find taking taxi's hard, so well done! it's not fun being stuck in a car with someone you dont know hoping they wont notice your anxiety. you were feeling nervous and you still went! thats the key, to do thing even when your anxious, i hope you had a nice day x x

think of this next time is the driver full of anxiety and is wondering if you notice him remember lots of people have this illness