PDA

View Full Version : Situation

LoveMusic
05-09-08, 10:57
I'm going through a hard time at the moment. Something at the weekend triggered a panic attack and for some reason its deeply affected me, since then i have been at a state of anxiety over having another attack, i've been crying a lot, talking to Dad a lot. A thought, usual with panic disorder has stuck, 'what if I am like this, always' and this has led to me feel very exhausted and frustrated. Although unlogical, I feel like that is possible.

Yesterday I went to the doctor, she gave me beta blockers - propanol - which stop the physical symptons. I took one, then went to counselling after feeling sick, counselling was okay and I almost felt the physical symptoms slide. But, then it came back and it hit me hard. I seem to be unable to accept that this is a process, almost like a mini-illness that needs time. I am associating the need for time for it potentialy lasting a long time.

The problem is that it shifts very quickly and once I am in the panic its incredibly hard to get out or see sense. I am going to persist with the tablets and maybe try CBT threapy. This morning I took a tablet but it hasn't done anything and time seems to be going unbearably slowly.

At the moment this feels like my whole world.

nomore
05-09-08, 11:19
I completely understand how you feel.

Just like you, I wish that all of this can go away quckly, although I do know that it will take time. I am worried by the prospects of how long it could actually take but there is not much that you could do, besides finding the strenght within to continue on and just giving it time.

My emotional states also tend to shift fairly quickly, although I've found that it's a lot easier to slip into a negative state than it is to actually get out of it, and stay out.

milly jones
05-09-08, 13:00
i too wish that i hadnt been chosen to bear all this but i guess u just have to learn to deal with it, day to day, and survive

i also can be happy one minute and be tearful and shaking the next, but i have learnt to 'give in' to it and let it pass, cos fighting it just adds to the tension

hugs to u

milly xxx

Anxious_gal
05-09-08, 19:16
aw I know it sucks to be feel nervous all the time and then having panic attacks on top of that, yes CBT is quite good. you really should try it. maybe if the beta blockers arn't helping your doctor may give you something else, i know they only help with the physcial anxiety so in your mind you can still be feeling nervous. try not to worry too much and find something that may help you relax or lifts your mood. also talking helps me, to realize i'm ok that its just anxiety and i can cope. hope your feeling better x