PDA

View Full Version : wat a morning!!!

nic x
05-09-08, 11:18
hi, just thought id try and get this of my chest! well woke up at 6, got up straight away, pottered about a bit, ( mornings are always my hardest) got kids up, dun breakfast got them dressed, and left home, i hate driving because of panic attacks, but iv had a great week!! got in car, dropped of the youngest 1st, then set of the 3 mile to drop off the eldest. (which i dread) but have done fine all week!! driving along as usual it starts! tight throat, feel sick, dizzy. the past week iv just accepted them, but today i couldnt, i started crying, so couldnt drive as couldnt see, had 2 stop! then totally gave in and had a attack, the drive was murder, couldnt calm down, didnt want to do it, just wanted to get home. i fought with it till i dropped her off, being terrified that once shed gone id be alone, and all the wat ifs started. i did get home, still in a mess. sat down with cuppa and tab, and had a word with meself!! within 5 mins, id accepted i felt like crap, that id had a another attack, and SO WHAT!! i now feel a bit tired but fine, please tell me set backs happen!! i was so pleased with myself all week, and now this!!! wat keeps u lot positive? and does every 1 have bad days? (mornings)

nomore
05-09-08, 11:32
Don't worry...I get my fair share of setbacks to, just like everyone else I am sure. Don't let that stop you though....when I have a setback I just tell myself "Just like before, nothing really happened to me and I am sure that nothing will happen next time either, in fact there might not even be a next time!", try to forget it and move on.

After all, it's a lot better to try to do something and have a few setbacks, rather than not taking action and letting fear paralyze you.

We all have our good and bad days. :)

titchjd
05-09-08, 11:40
Hi m8 sorry 2 hear u had a bad morning .....i have good days then bad days m8 ..I was doing wel begginning of week but then wednesday I was anxious alday .

What you have 2 think is even though you had an attack you still managed 2 get kids 2 school and get back home ..ok you were in tears and feeling tired now but you still got through it ..and if it ever happens again you will get through it again ...just think 2 day is 2day and 2morra is anew day and ok I had bad day 2 day but every1 has bad days .

Stay positive hun and Im eya if u need me xxx:)

Titch x

LoveMusic
05-09-08, 12:18
You sound really good at calming down after an attack, I am realising how important acceptance is.

You do need to fight the attacks, I knew that but accepting them is something that I am trying to properly do.

milly jones
05-09-08, 12:27
hun we all have set backs

im about 10 miles back today than i was monday, but tomorrow who knows???

just accept that u have anx and try to deal with it

just cos it happened today doesnt mean it will happen tomorrow

if u dwell on it it will cos ur feeding the anx

try ur best to forget and move on

i do so undertand tho hunny

hugs

mill xxxx

jill
05-09-08, 12:44
Hi Nic :D:hugs:

YES, hun, setbacks happen, but from what I know, its sooo important to change the way we think of things, even if its little things. I would not use the words setback, the reason for this is we NEVER go back, we know to much, BUT, we take a sidestep, we have a blip, this is normal when trying to recover.

I used to think of recovery as a mine field, I know there are bombs out there (blips, part of recover) BUT, I don't know where and I don't know when, blips may happen,OR they may never happen. I cannot possibly, see into the future. There IS a clear pathway through this mine field, but if I hit a blip, I would use postive self, thought, try dame hard not to put to much importants on this blip. I felt, that giving my blips far to much importants, gave Mrs Panic, Mrs anxiety more power, so I tried dame hard to think MORE of how well I had been doing, this helped me move on a little.

**and had a word with meself!! within 5 mins, id accepted i felt like crap, that id had a another attack, and SO WHAT!! i now feel a bit tired but fine, please**

Hunny, YOU DID GRAET :hugs:facing our fears is NOT easy, but you have to ask yourself, just what is it I fear? get to know your fears. I know for me, there was nothing going on in my life that was keeping the panic anxiety going, except, I feared PANIC, I feard, fear.

I allso, like you, did not like the fact of having panic, when on my own, I felt I would not cope, I may loose control, BUT, in fact, I came to understand that, I MYSELF, brought, myself through each panic, it ALWAYS passed, ohhh it was ME, who did it, no-one else. So I tried, each time I had a panic, to brings something positive away from it. mmm You may say, whats positive about panic, well hun, you have to look DAME HARD to find positivaty. eg, YOU came through it, YOU brought yourself back down from panic, YOU faced your fears and went out that day, ohhh anything thats positive hun, this helps us move on a little.

To use positive self thought, like you HAVE allready, ok, I did panic, so what, I am learning how to recover, its ok it have blips, I did great today, be proud of yourself hun, its a must.

Try and help yourself to understand that blips, hiccups happen, its all part of recovery, BUT NEVER be to hard on yourself, always be kind to yourself if they do,eccept them if they do, BUT NEVER expect them to happen.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Anxious_gal
05-09-08, 19:20
i hate set backs! but well done x, yes accepting the panic attack or anxiety and not being afraid of it, is what really helps, i have had days where i did stuff even though i felt dizzy and weak, the reason i was able to is i just thought Fu*k it, and didn't let the symtoms scare me, then other days i couldnt do anything because i was worried i'd freak out or pass out.

mandie
05-09-08, 19:31
Hi Nic

Think u have done great.

I have had set back this week also so no how u feel

love mandie x

popsy
05-09-08, 21:53
Im constantly fighting to be better too, i so know exactly how you feel, i could have written your thread!!!

Im having a set back at the moment, anxiety has got bad again and panic awful, but i do know ive got better from it before and had good phases, so yes we all have set backs but it doesnt mean its the end, it just means you are nearer the beginning of another good phase!

(I wish i could take my own advise though LOL!!!)

Big Hugs
Popsy x x x x

nettles
05-09-08, 22:17
Hi,
When I read your thread I was struck by how you carried on through all your fear and panic, you still got the kids to school, you managed to get yourself home in one piece, you carried on nevermind all the horrible anxiety symptoms, I think you should be proud of yourself!
Nettles X

popsy
05-09-08, 23:19
Nettles Is So Right, You Should Be Proud! X X X X

keepemlaughing
05-09-08, 23:46
Did you lose it in front of your child? I always worry about how my anxiety will affect the kids more than i do myself.

nic x
06-09-08, 19:22
Did you lose it in front of your child? I always worry about how my anxiety will affect the kids more than i do myself.

no sheryl, i hold it all in luv, fighting with it, the youngest doesnt have a clue, but my eldest started to ask questions, like u not going to bar 2nite mam with the lasses, and why we driving this way mam its longest, whys the car window open when its cold and raining? i explained to her sometimes when i get over stressed it takes me a bit to calm down, she didnt ask any more, u see my mam suffered with panic n anxeity when i was young she never told me, but thinking now i remember things, but they were never explained to me. good thing is though my mams totally fine now after 9 yrs!!