PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian cyst? Getting stressy...

jadeybags
05-09-08, 12:35
Period pain started a few days before my period, normally only the day before, if at all. I always get ovulation pain mid cycle. Anyway, i think period pains eased off during 3 day period, but once period stopped, pain on the left side low down started. Its like pinching, or a hot poker! I shouldn't panic because i had this about 15 yrs ago, convinced myself i had something terrible, got sent for a scan and i THINK by the time of the scan the pain had gone and scan was all clear. Ive not had it since, til this week. Ive just had so much stress with an ex this yr thats still ongoing and i didn't need this now!
I am looking for a job, i haven't worked for 10 yrs what with bringing up children, and the thought of starting work with strangers is bad enough without worrying ive got something nasty now.
If its a cyst, how long do they last, can they turn nasty. I also have a phobia of docors and just going there sends my blood pressure soaring :weep:

milly jones
05-09-08, 12:45
huny im no doc so cant advise u about ovarian cysts

what i can say is u appear to be having lots going on in ur life and this makes u more susceptible to anx

its ur mind scaring u, feeding ur anxiety

check it out if its a prob hun, but id bet its cos of ur ex, job, kids etc raising ur anx

hugs milly xxx

ps i get pain too, and i always think im pregnant xx

bex1970
05-09-08, 15:28
I had one when I was about 26 - and you are in pain constantly, worse when it is your period admittedly.... they also tend to be on one side particularly. They are very common - but can get large and need to be removed... They make sex very painful too. If you really think it is that then see your GP who will refer you for an ultrasound.

There are rarely any complications... and the DO NOT MEAN cancer or anything like that. Please don't worry about them - I know several women who have had them and they are just removed....

jadeybags
05-09-08, 16:35
Well sex isn't on the agenda for a while yet, i'm single. The last thing on my mind is getting nooky hahahaha
I have chilled out a bit now, its the weekend and i'm gonna try n not stress about it, and already its gone down to a dull ache. I am terrible for over thinking about ailments and i make them 10 times worse, hense the reason i sometimes wake up ok and symptoms get worse as the day goes on.
If its still the same next week i will go and see the doc.
Please please please be gone by then! lol

missy_swallows
05-09-08, 17:18
hi, i had a scan on monday after ayear of really nasty periods etc and constant pain on my right hand side and weird weight gain and i have cysts on the right hand side, pretty painful, but not going to kill me, i dont know what they are going to do yet. but go for a scan its really painless and it can cause you no harm, better to know right? take care and if u want to pm me i will let you know how i get on!!

jadeybags
05-09-08, 19:04
hi, i had a scan on monday after ayear of really nasty periods etc and constant pain on my right hand side and weird weight gain and i have cysts on the right hand side, pretty painful, but not going to kill me, i dont know what they are going to do yet. but go for a scan its really painless and it can cause you no harm, better to know right? take care and if u want to pm me i will let you know how i get on!!

Hi Misyy, would really like to know how you got on, can you pm me when you get the results?
xxxx

nomorepanic
05-09-08, 19:35
Hi Jadey

I am in terrible pain today and have a really bad back ache as well so wondering if that is cos of the cyst I have?

Pain killers are not helping and even walking has to be done slowly.

I am not due for a re-scan until end of Sept.

I am seeing doc on Monday so will ask if it can really cause this much pain and back ache too. Will let you know

jadeybags
05-09-08, 22:11
Hi Jadey

I am in terrible pain today and have a really bad back ache as well so wondering if that is cos of the cyst I have?

Pain killers are not helping and even walking has to be done slowly.

I am not due for a re-scan until end of Sept.

I am seeing doc on Monday so will ask if it can really cause this much pain and back ache too. Will let you know

Thats the strange thing, when im moving its not so bad. But yes, let me know how you get on xxxx