PDA

View Full Version : Better Late Than Never

EmmaJane
19-05-05, 12:25
Hi all, keep saying Im going to do a posting to introduce myself, and as usual never get round to it. This time I thought I would carry it through.

My name is Emma, Im 35 with 5 children and a husband. Oh a dog as well.

Ive suffered anxiety, panic attacks and depression on and off since the children have been born. Oldest one is now 14.

My main problem now is the negative thinking and the health anxiety. I have very low confidence in myself, which stops me from going out and meeting people. I start something and then have problems finishing it.

Anyway I suppose thats enough now, otherwise you will all fall asleep. LOL..

Im here now and thats the main thing, im so glad I found you all.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

seh1980
19-05-05, 12:27
Welcome aboard Emma!! Nice to know a little more about you. :D

carlin
19-05-05, 13:44
Hi Emma,
Nice to hear a little about yourself, 5 kids eh? and i thought i was crazy having 4. Mind you i wouldn't be without them, on saying that mine are older, so a little off hand now, i too have a husband but no dog, i think husband's can be worse than the kids! take care and keep in touch xxxx

jill
19-05-05, 14:14
Hello Emma,

[Wow!] 5 kids, I have 2 and they can be a bit of a hand full
at time's:D

WELCOME:D:D:D

LOVE JILLXXX

EmmaJane
19-05-05, 14:15
Yeah I tend to agree with that carlin. Cant believe how many posts ive done in such a short time.

Emma xx

Meg
19-05-05, 15:22
Hi Emma,

Welcome

Are you actively working on building your self esteeem ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

buffybot
19-05-05, 20:16
Hello there [^]

Karen
19-05-05, 21:46
Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

EmmaJane
19-05-05, 21:55
No meg, all im doing is telling myself, that im not as bad as I think I am? Im not really sure what else to do. Im working hard on my irrational thinking and all black and white. No intenet searches now, for well over a week:D

I listen to a guided meditation CD. Do you suggest anything I can do myself or a book to read maybe??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Emma xx

bluesparkle
20-05-05, 09:28
hi..
i just wanted to say a proper hello here too :D
it was nice to say a quick hi on msn yesterday... would like to chat more but understand how busy it is with kids ... ive got 4 aged between 19 and 10yrs...
hope to chat soon
rach

linjane
21-05-05, 08:08
Hi Emma,
I think you're doing really well now. You have made a start by making friends on here. We chat nearly everyday now, so the next step is to get out into the big wide world and chat face to face!! Maybe we could arrange to meet up sometime...? Would that help?
Anyway just to wanted to officially welcome you.
Speak to you later,
Love, Linda.xxx
You know I'm always here if you need me.

sal
22-05-05, 02:05
Hi Em

Pleased to see you have introduced yourself, so welcome aboard mate.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Piglet
22-05-05, 13:42
Hi Emma,

Just thinking about the self-esteem thing as thats what I'm working on too.

Meg suggested a book called What you say to yourself by Shad Helmsletter (think thats right - haven't got it in front of me) which I got off amazon. It really reinforces the notion of positive thinking and affirmations etc. I know it all can sound a bit cheesy but I think it really does work. I've also bought affirmation cards off amazon which are pretty to look at as well as carrying a positive message and I keep any relevant ones in my bag or use as a bookmark so that I see them regularly and absorb the ideas.

A good site to look at these cards is The holistic shop as if you double click on them it shows you back and front images - then perhaps you can pick cards that you can relate to.

Also I've got a couple of cd's one by Glenn Harrold called Building your self-confidence which I'm well chuffed with, its so relaxing. Was scared of hypnosis tapes incase I went off my head and started behaving like a hen in the high street or something but Meg had written a reply to a post reassuring that none of this would happen, which I printed off and had near me the first time I listened. So far there has been nothing in the papers about a hen woman so I guess she was right. He does one on self-esteem which I'm going for next.

Love Piglet

pips
23-05-05, 12:44
Hi Emma,

A BIG warm welcome to the site. I also suffer with health anxiety so i do understand.

Good luck on your road to recovery!

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

kairen
23-05-05, 13:07
Hi Emma

welcoome to the site, nice to read a bit about you,

i have 2 kids a hubby two goldfish amd a hamster, and yes hubby more trouble than the lot of them put together,

take care

kairen x