PDA

View Full Version : stomach problems - how or why

thoughts and actions
06-09-08, 17:24
hi guys

I have posted threads on here regarding my stomach problems and i notice how many other ppl have put stuff on here as well- i have finally managed to accept that what i have is IBS/ nervous stomach- it has been diagnosed by the docs after having an endoscopy and colonscopy and a camera and the doctors hand (he he)

To be honest i wanted there to be something wrong at first- not something serious but i wanted the doctor to be able to give me a pill and it would all go away- unfortunately with anxiety and non biological issues, thats not the case.

If you had a sore leg you would see it- it would be swollen, maybe bruised, sore to touch etc etc- but you cant say to youself leg be sore and it will. However (and i have done soooo much research on this now) with your stomach and nervous system even the thought that your stomach is sore is enough to make it worse.

When we get anxious our body produces adrenalin, when this happens our nervous system goes into auto pilot- blood is taken away from the stomach and sent to other areas where the body wants to "fight or flight" As the body prepares to do this it wants to be lighter to flee, therefore some ppl are sick, others have to run to the toilet.

This of course is going to upset our tummy's- processes are quickened by the responce of nerves which have been instruced by the brain to prepare for flight- as the blood has been taken away - this will result in wind, acid reflux, indigestion, dough like pain in stomach.

My point to this thread is all these symptoms are normal of anxiety suffers, they are annoying and can be embarrasing but its our bodies way or trying to help us- as long as the doctor has told you there is nothing wrong then you must believe it - would it be better if you could see your stomach and know that there is nothing wrong, of course- but we cant and thats why our thoughts then get the better of us.

If you broke your leg (say riding a bike) it would hurt - of course it would but you would accept that its happened, go to hospital get it plastered and take meds to help it- you can see it

So when your stomach hurts coz your anxious think of it in the same way- you know why its sore, you know how its sore so we can help it- try talking to yourself, try breathing excercises that will unspasm the stomach, accepting it (dr claire weekes), and occupying your mind- you will be amased that it actually goes away.

If it is IBS then there are plenty of meds out there that can calm it down.

xx

chris q
06-09-08, 17:30
thank you so much this help me lodes may i pm you or call or somthink cos i really worry about this many thanks chris :yesyes:

thoughts and actions
06-09-08, 17:40
hi chris

Yes of course

hazey16_uk@hotmail.com

Forgot to mention on last thread- your stomach is actually under your right breast bone- and most common symptom of trapped wind is a pain down the left side. If you mail me i will put my mobile no on the mail.

i remember googling my symptoms one night and nearly fell off the chair haha- needless to say i was at the doctors the next morning in histerics and coz i had been worrying about it all night i stressed myself so much i got diaherrea

xx

chris q
06-09-08, 18:00
are you on msn at the mo