PDA

View Full Version : Any emetophobes from Southwest London?

nettles
06-09-08, 17:54
Hi there,
I'm new here, been on for a few days and think it's great support. My main problem is emetophobia, but this spirals out to anxiety, the odd panic attack (usually caused by something s**k related), and I was agorophobic years back (again emetophobia related), but have worked through that to a certain extent.
I'd like to know if there are any emetophobes in the Southwest London area (I'm from Twickenham) for mutual support, emailing and maybe meeting up.

Nettles XX:roflmao:

Horse
07-09-08, 11:30
Hi Nettles.

Kingston ish.

Kevin.

london
07-09-08, 12:02
elephant and castle south east london

nettles
07-09-08, 15:20
Hi Kevin and London, nice to meet you.
I'd be interested to know whether you've tried any therapy for your emetophobia, and if so, has it worked? Have you taken any medicine or alternative remedy that's made any difference? To what extent does it effect your life?
I'm coming up to my 35th birthday now, and I'm starting to feel depressed about all the lost opportunities and missed experiences due to my emet and anxiety. I haven't left the country in well over 10 years, barely left London for 5 years. I feel like I'm living a half life, and feel like as I get older it's getting harder to change. I have started adapting to my phobia rather than trying to combat it, which isn't good. I'm just tired of explaining things to therapists (I've seen many since the age of 15), who are all very nice but never really make any difference (not that I'm saying this is their fault).
Sometimes I wonder what I would have achieved, or who I would have been if the phobia hadn't have controlled so much of my life. Emetohobia makes you live your life very "safely" and this leads to much boredom and frustration, but I can't break out of my self-imposed restrictions.
Ah, getting a bit philosophical here, but any thoughts would be appreciated!
Nettles X

its all good
09-09-08, 11:41
Hey nettles, am in manchester so not ideal to meet up! If you ever wanna chat or are feelin down though and what to talk to a fellow sufferer you can email or pm me.

orangeblossom
09-09-08, 15:26
Hi - I am in Bloomsbury in central London... hectic as anything here!!