PDA

View Full Version : question about cbt

MANDAPANDA87
06-09-08, 18:32
Yesterday was only my second visit to the therapist and of course i love it, well when i went inthere the first time i was crying and couldnt handle going through this anymore all the scary things that happen to your body were really getting to me, so he gave me the tracking assignment, now i go in there yesterday with my assignment and my anxiety levels most at a 1 2 or 3 and he tells me taht i have done sooooooooooo well, i did start eating again and sleeping and now am able to sit on the couch and relax, but the thing that is bugging me is he told me that now that panic attacks are going away i have a lot of anxiety left, because now all i get mostly is that annoying stomach ache, so what i am wondering is when panic attacks end does anxiety really take over?? like i am only asking becuase he said my body is trying new ways to scare me and make me panic, becuase nothing else is working anymore, is this true??? becuase its like my stomach doesnt wanat to leave me a lone or do you think its more because i didnt eat very much for 3 weeks and now i am eating at least twice a day?? i am jsut so confused with what is going on wiht my body

titchjd
06-09-08, 19:23
Hiya hun ...im having CBT........so glad its going well.....
Oh its so confusing isnt it all this anxiety and panic ...Iwas told the same as I have gone from Panic 2 anxiety and now having anxiety when people come 2 my house which has never happened before ......my counsellor said its very normal as when u conquer one thing the anxiety has 2 go somewhere else in my case people coming round because i have had it that long but it will go as I will use same techniques with PAs for anxiety aswell.

U are doing great hun and everything you have learnt and will learn will give you the tools 2 get through anxiety aswell x

Im always here 2 chat m8 x

Titchjd xxx

MANDAPANDA87
06-09-08, 19:30
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh i see this is so confusing and annoying, its lasting so long that i am really wondering if something is wrong with my stomach because i have had it for 4 days now coming and going all throughout the day worst in the morning its driving me crazy i should be proud but when you deal with a new problem everyday its hard to be proud of what you have overcome