PDA

View Full Version : just me.. hello :)

21Newcastle
06-09-08, 21:08
ermm don't really no where to start, 21 from newcastle (probably guessed that right? lol )
got an appointment to see psychologist next week (second time round, had cognative behaviour therapy a couple of years ago)
thought i would give this site a try, see if anybody with the same phobia, brontophobia (thunder and lightning) its kind escalated on a major scale so that i really dont like going out unless wall to wall sunshine.. so stuck at home most of the time.. god dam british weather!
it feels like i have no life, this phobia is my life! its always there in my head.. i'm too scared to get a job because of it, im starting to lose my friends, and now im fat :)

anyways. hello.. look forward to chatting :)
Vic

milly jones
06-09-08, 22:02
hi hunny

a warm welcome to out nmp community

its great here hunny and safe

hugs :bighug1:

milly xxxx

Alisonj
07-09-08, 00:14
Welcome to the forum!

kellie
08-09-08, 10:17
Hiya, welcome to NMP its lovely to have you here

nomorepanic
08-09-08, 22:28
Hi Vic

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

pooh
08-09-08, 23:27
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Divinely Desolate
08-09-08, 23:37
ermm don't really no where to start, 21 from newcastle (probably guessed that right? lol )
got an appointment to see psychologist next week (second time round, had cognative behaviour therapy a couple of years ago)
thought i would give this site a try, see if anybody with the same phobia, brontophobia (thunder and lightning) its kind escalated on a major scale so that i really dont like going out unless wall to wall sunshine.. so stuck at home most of the time.. god dam british weather!
it feels like i have no life, this phobia is my life! its always there in my head.. i'm too scared to get a job because of it, im starting to lose my friends, and now im fat :)

anyways. hello.. look forward to chatting :)
Vic

:welcome: to the board Vic, hope everything goes great at the psychologist next week and you will feel much better, all the best :yesyes:

alexis
08-09-08, 23:54
Hi and welcome, Im sure you will find lots of new friends here.xxx

keepemlaughing
09-09-08, 00:21
Hello from me as well. I love the rain and lightening and thunder. Want to swap locations?? Sherry in sunny California USA

kittykat
09-09-08, 09:47
Hi there and :welcome: . You'll find loads of people on here with similar feelings to yourself, i'm sure you'll find a lot of support xx

DebraC
07-10-08, 20:46
Hiya! Please be rest assured you most certainly are not alone with your fear. I dont like thunder storms but used to be absolutely petrified of them. In my 20,s if the weather was humid and a storm imminent I had huge panic attacks and felt I was having a heart attack.
Like I say I still dont like them ut having a husband who does has helped me immensely. He will stand outside and watch the lightening and get quite excited by the loud claps of thunder. He doesnt estimate my fear and reassures me that it will soon pass and this has been a huge help to me. You can learn to live with this and ultimately overcome your fear. I have lots of fears and one of my biggest ones used to be spiders. Dont know what happened but now if I see one I ask my hubby or 1 of the kids to catch it and put it outside for me. A far cry from the days when I used to scream like a mad woman and not go in a room until it had been found and disposed of!!
Good luck with the physcholgist!
Debs x

Missy69
07-10-08, 21:19
:yesyes: :yesyes: Welcome Vic :yesyes: :yesyes:

Southern_Belle
09-10-08, 15:08
Hi Vic,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura