PDA

View Full Version : Need help with understanding a few things please

Carol27
07-09-08, 09:45
Hi all,
I am trying to understand this anixety a bit more but some things are really holding me back and i am so scared, can anyone help advise me so i can move forward please -

1) I've been told that its not the thought of possession that is scaring me but the feelings anf fear i get with it, it does seem like it is the thought doing it though as everytime it comes into my head i'm terrified and panic immediately as it feels so real.

2) My worry at the moment is that everything i read about anxiety says the thoughts are 'what ifs' yet over the last few days mine has changed to a more positive ' i am possessed' tone, so i'm terrified that as i'm believing that now i will always.

3) if the anxiety and panic goes away will i still be having and believing these awful thoughts.

i realise its my lack of knowledge and understanding of these three things that are holding me back, thankyou all so much, love Carol

Horse
07-09-08, 11:40
Carol.

One of the things we have to understand about Anxiety is that it will and does hit us where it is going to hurt us most!

As far as you're concerned, your 'what ifs' have become more sensitised because the Anxiety has allowed them to. By panicking about the 'what if' your thoughts have become more and more irrational, snowballed, getting more and more intense all the time and before you know it, you are thinking you are posessed!

Of course, you're not posessed, you just think you are. This in turn just pours more fuel on the fire.........hence, the circle continues.

Believe me, the more you read about your symptoms (DON'T GOOGLE) the more you will understand the reason why they are happening.

Kevin.

titch
07-09-08, 11:45
hey.. your thoughts will go when anxiety calms down. i use to have the thought 24/7 but i just get them occasionally now.. they are awful and so s anxiety and panic but you have to stay strong. take care xxxxx

Carol27
07-09-08, 20:19
Thankyou all for your help, i really appreciate it. Its so scarey to have such horrid thoughts, no matter what they are but it freaks me out so much when they go from what if to i am and we seem to believe them. It helps to now that others believe theirs to when they have them but when anxiety goes they see them for what they are, i can't wait for that day to come, best wishes, Carol.