PDA

View Full Version : valium

sp1es
07-09-08, 11:47
My name is steven i live in windermere i have just gone cold turkey on 150mg of valium a day please can anyone give me any advice as i feel very ill i have bined my valium as it has ruined my life.

Elaine
07-09-08, 15:54
Hello Steven. I really feel the need to answer your post. I myself am on a withdrawal plan tapering me from 6mg diazepam (valium) daily and for you to cold turkey from 150mg daily is not right at all. I go to a website that put me onto a tapering plan and they are very good, if you PM me I can give you the name of the site, they will help you immediately. Please dont cold turkey of 150mg, you will feel ill, you need a withdrawal plan and do it very slowly. God Bless. I do hope that it is ok for me to give another website address out but I know they will help you, could admin please let me know.

kellie
07-09-08, 16:00
Im not an admin Elaine but im sure it is fine to give him the address of the other site hun
Steven before you go cold turkey with any med you should always seek the advice of your doctor
I think coming of valium at 150mls a day and just stopping dead like that will make you feel quite unwell
Plz see your doc about this and get a plan to come of it more slowly
Your body needs time to adjust from this medication.

Elaine
07-09-08, 16:22
Thanks so much for that Kellie. Steven if you google TRANQUILLISER WITHDRAWAL SITES then go to page 2 when it lists the different sites, just scroll down and you will find the site, it is called T.R.A.P. Steven they will give you all the help you need and your own plan to withdraw. They are helping me now with the diazepams. Hope you find it alright, it will be a long slow process but well worth it in the end. Take care Steven and God Bless.

sp1es
07-09-08, 16:52
Thank you for your help.

Elaine
07-09-08, 17:03
Thats ok Steven, no problem. If you want to know anything else just give me a shout. God Bless.

sp1es
07-09-08, 17:11
Has anyone got through by doing cold turkey if so can you tell me what to expect ? many thanks steven.

mingsy
07-09-08, 17:27
:welcome: Hi Steven
I must agree with Elaine, going cold turkey is not a good idea, it will make you feel extemely ill. Please seek proper guidance and do it gradually.
Its good to see another Cumbrian, I'm from Kendal. This site has been a Godsend for me, plenty of brilliant support and advice.

Take care

lesleya
07-09-08, 17:38
Hi hun
I dont advise going cold turkey at all its an awful thing to go through. I was on valium for over 15 yrs and came off them. You really will feel extremely ill and i dont reccomend it under any circumstances. Please seek advice from your doctor as soon as you can. I admire you wanting to change your life by wanting to come off them but please do it by weaning with your doctors guidance.
You can come off them...but you do need help to do it.
Take care hun
xx

sp1es
07-09-08, 18:09
I see the doctor 10.30 monday 7th and i am going to insist i do not want to take another mg ps when you came off how long were you very ill could you still work or did you have to go to bed and what were the worst effects thank you for your help.

lesleya
07-09-08, 19:11
I wont lie to you it wasnt easy, i can only tell you how i felt when i did it..you might feel differently.
My gp at the time back then just stopped my prescription 'dead' and refused to give me any more as id been on them for 15 yrs and he thought that was far too long. I went into total panic mode as i was convinced id die and couldnt live without them. Anyway i couldnt eat..i couldnt sleep..i couldnt sit still..i couldnt lie down..i couldnt think straight, i couldnt go out either as i was agoraphobic, the sweat poured out of me, i paced the floor for nearly 4 days. In the end i felt so ill i called the out of hours doctor out and he gave me a 10mg tablet to take to calm me down and also gave me 2 x 2mg tablets of valium to take me until the morning until i could make a gp appt. He gave me the name of a gp in my area whom he had been a locum for and he thought might be able to help me. I got an emergency appt for this doctor next morning. Went to see this gp and told him what my former gp did, He condemned him for stopping my prescription in the way he did as cold turkey is not the sucessful way to come off something like valium as the underlying problems would still be there, after all we're put on those tablets for a reason. Anyway he told me he no way was he going to give me them back permantly but hed support me weaning off them gradually. He also gave me counselling sessions once a week to enable me to talk about the reasons why i was on them.
I cant praise that man enough he got me off my valium, i lost some weight, my confidence soared and in turn my agoraphobia disappeared too. I know this sounds daft, but it was like someone had switched the lights back on, id been given my life back, it was so wonderful to be able to do the things id not been able to do for over 15 years, it was such a great feeling.
I really hope you go for your appt because it is the best way to do this and i truly wish you all the luck in the world

Elaine
07-09-08, 19:39
Fantastic story Lesleya. So good to hear the success stories. I fully agree with the symptoms you described, I am just at the beginning of my withdrawal plan but I have every faith that one day I will be able to look back and say I did it with the help of all the people who have supported me. Once again congratulations Lesleya. :yesyes:

lesleya
07-09-08, 22:54
Hope your feeling ok sp1es and wish you luck at your gp tomorrow.
Please let us know how you go
Take care
xx
Cheers elaine i really hope it all goes well for you, its so worth the end result
xx

sp1es
08-09-08, 14:48
Been to doctors today he expected i would not make it but i did now he has offered me all the support i need to come off cold turkey he said he has never seen anyone so determined so he said he will be there day or night for me also he has perscribed me a homopathic remedy which he believe`s will help feel awful no pain no gain thanks again for all advice steven.

nomorepanic
08-09-08, 22:26
Hi Steven

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

sp1es
09-09-08, 15:00
Had a very bad night but did not give in lots of panic attacks heart palpitations very bad headaches still determined thanks for your support.

milly jones
09-09-08, 16:16
:welcome: hi and a warm welcome to no more panic

hugs :bighug1:

milly xxx

Elaine
09-09-08, 16:49
Hi Steven. Sorry to hear you had a bad night, the tolerance or withdrawal effects of these tablets are awful, I know. You done well not to give in but if you feel its all getting a bit too much dont hesitate to talk to your doctor, even show him details about the site T.R.A.P. if you want to, just remember you dont need to go it all alone. Good luck Steven. God Bless.

lesleya
09-09-08, 20:16
Hi sp1es.
I really feel for you, i know exactly how your feeling and its really brave what your doing and i wish you all the luck, but please go back and see your gp if it gets too much. Its a tough thing to go through alone, but we're here to support you..
Take care
xx