PDA

View Full Version : wots wrong with me???????????

thinker_bell
07-09-08, 22:07
does anyone out there no y i feel like this??
it doesnt seem fair, i have been havin anxiety ever since i gave birth 2 my son 5 yrs ago.. nearly 6 yrs ago... 2 b exact, the day after i had him was my first panic attack, very scarey!! i was only 16 and extremely scared nd it doesnt get any easier, im still well scared!!! it may be in our head but what goes on in my head is my reality as i cant exactly buy a new bloody brain!!
why do i get panic attacks?? what causes them?? how can i stop them??
i do no that wen ive had a drink, the day after.. if not sooner im riddled with panic attacks.. really severe ones!!! its just not fair... i hope someone can enlighten me, i hadnt drank in months, im 22 not 102 n shud b able 2 have fun with my friends but after goin out on friday night (first time in months mite i add) i was a mess the next day, shakin, feelin dizzy, havin heart palps, strugglin 2 breathe, scared i was gonna die about alcohol poisonig.. really irrational thoughts, but i want to know why, why me? why not my friend or my sis or my bro? i dont wish it on them i jus want to know what makes me like this n not them???

mothermac
08-09-08, 02:39
I can relate to you in some way Tinkerbell,I had my daughter 5 yrs ago too and she is 6 in January,I had her by a c section as she was breech and I can literally pinpoint the moment I felt this anxiety crap.I have always been a pretty panicky person really but this was a whole new ball game.I got instantly scared witless when my hubby said he was going home the day she was born,I had her at 1.45 pm and he had been there all day,I asked him to phone the ward to let me know when he had got home,I had an instant fear that something would happen to him and it hasn't left me since.

I am waiting for counselling at the mo as I need help and fast.I lost my dad when I was 11 and I think I may have some symptoms linked to this.I phone my husband a lot to check up on him whilst he is at work and this has put a huge strain on our relationship,he knows I can't help it but he hasn't got a life,I CONSTANTLY worry about everything,have heart palpatations,scary thoughts,bite my nails,have panic attacks mainly at night and don't sleep well.I think I may have post natal depression and you may have too after having your son.Have you spoke to the doctor about how you are feeling? Are your family supportive?as this can make all the difference.Anxiety is hard for sufferers to understand never mind their families but we do need love and understanding.
Hope you feel better soon and know you are not alone in this.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alisonj
08-09-08, 04:54
I too can relate. I had a good handle on my anxiety and panic for about 5 years and then after the birth of my daughter(and during the pregnancy) 15 mnths ago it came back and came back bad. I had a difficult pregnancy with her and I had just had a baby, they are only 14 mnths apart. I think it was too much for my body, hormones etc and it set me off. I suffered from Pre-e both times and was hospitalized and that is when things got really bad. I am still trying hard to get things under control
Hormones can defintely play a part in anxiety. A huge part. Have you seen your doctor and he knows what is happening? If not you defintely need to go and talk to him. The sooner you can get a hold in it the better. Also make sure they rule out things such as thyroid problems etc which can cause anxiety and panic.
Lots of hugs and I hope things get better for you both real soon

wayne lewis
08-09-08, 07:12
just try not to negative thought.

wayne lewis
08-09-08, 07:17
dont negative thought

thinker_bell
08-09-08, 09:49
thanks for ur feedback, i was very down yesterday n fed up of this horrid feeling when i wrote this and needed some enlightenment.. i have told my doc, had counselling and am on escitalopram but it makes no difference ive decided that this si just me now and it kills me to think this is my life forever.. since the night my mum left the hosp wen i had my son.. 30 seconds after she left was the beginning of the end for me! :lac:

sarah peacock
08-09-08, 10:48
i know exactly how u feel. i get the worst hangoers ever and i get numb tingly hands, palpitations, dizziness, feeling on edge around every one,etc... the list is endless. i try not 2 drink so much but it drives u mad when all u want 2 do is have a good drink and a laugh with ur friends.

flexit
08-09-08, 12:03
same ere i worry ive got some seriouse illness too its a horrible feeling. im 27 fit n healthy do bodybuilding 4 x per wk, my diet is spot on but ive had these anxiety & depressed feelings for 7months now. the thing is ive always been ok & healthy & now im messed up. im gonna start yoga classes, my mates will call me but so what they dont feel like this. give it a try!!! keep your mind occupied & if possible come off the meds & fight it, im gonna beat these feelings & so r u. take care.