PDA

View Full Version : 22, f, new here

le1986
07-09-08, 23:36
Hi.

I stumbled upon this website whilst looking up symptoms for an illness online, which is something I do a lot and is one of my problems I think. I spent the afternoon with stomach pain and nausea which was undiagnosed and I've a feeling is anxiety related, despite a stomach infection last month.

I'm a 22 year old female and suffered my first panic attack 6 months ago, after frequent cocaine and mdma use, clubbing.

I began suffering depression prior to this due to a broken home and a relationship break up and was prescribed cytalopram some time ago, so i suppose it was all inevitable really.

I had no idea what was happening at the time as i'd never experienced anxiety or panic attacks before but it was very scary and i of course thought i was dying. i obsessed over my breathing for ages afterwards, couldn't sleep for weeks, checked my pulse all the time, obsessed over my health and well I've developed a problem with anxiety and had panic attacks over the smallest things - mainly health related ever since.

I've just come back from travelling for 3 months and had an amazing time, I didn't touch drugs throughout, I did however get ill towards the end of it with a stomach infection and got sucked in by the anxiety and panic again as I presumed the worst.

I've had a million of these little episodes in the last 6 months, called ambulances, gone to hospitals, and well I suppose right now I'm just feeling really tired and depressed by it all and regretful of my behaviour and social life 6 months ago... and also feel like it was cut short.. as I'm almost too paranoid to enjoy myself properly anymore.

I am so shocked and pleased to read of so many people out there experiencing all the same things i have since finding this site as I felt so alone, like no one understands. And I don't blame them, because it is impossible to understand it until you've experienced it.

I'm really determined to get through this without taking medication for it.

:weep:

Alisonj
08-09-08, 03:05
Welcome to the forum. You will defintely find lots of support here. Sometimes medication is the key to starting to road to recovery.

kellie
08-09-08, 09:42
Hiya, welcome to NMP its lovely to have you here

thinker_bell
08-09-08, 09:56
hello kelly, ive started a few threads on here asi have all the different kinds of anxiety and can relate to soo many people on here u included.. i have suffered since i had my son nearly 6 yrs ago but it died down n i started living also using recreational drugs til i overdosed on them accidentally and all those fears and health anxiety came floodin bk!! its never been the same since, it feels like this is my life is this forever but i do have good days too, u will get thru this, we all will together!!
glad u found us hunni xx

nomorepanic
08-09-08, 22:30
Hi Le

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

alexis
08-09-08, 22:37
Hi and welcome, you will soon make lots of new friends.

london
08-09-08, 23:21
your get help here you see

pooh
08-09-08, 23:24
hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Divinely Desolate
08-09-08, 23:29
Hi.

I stumbled upon this website whilst looking up symptoms for an illness online, which is something I do a lot and is one of my problems I think. I spent the afternoon with stomach pain and nausea which was undiagnosed and I've a feeling is anxiety related, despite a stomach infection last month.

I'm a 22 year old female and suffered my first panic attack 6 months ago, after frequent cocaine and mdma use, clubbing.

I began suffering depression prior to this due to a broken home and a relationship break up and was prescribed cytalopram some time ago, so i suppose it was all inevitable really.

I had no idea what was happening at the time as i'd never experienced anxiety or panic attacks before but it was very scary and i of course thought i was dying. i obsessed over my breathing for ages afterwards, couldn't sleep for weeks, checked my pulse all the time, obsessed over my health and well I've developed a problem with anxiety and had panic attacks over the smallest things - mainly health related ever since.

I've just come back from travelling for 3 months and had an amazing time, I didn't touch drugs throughout, I did however get ill towards the end of it with a stomach infection and got sucked in by the anxiety and panic again as I presumed the worst.

I've had a million of these little episodes in the last 6 months, called ambulances, gone to hospitals, and well I suppose right now I'm just feeling really tired and depressed by it all and regretful of my behaviour and social life 6 months ago... and also feel like it was cut short.. as I'm almost too paranoid to enjoy myself properly anymore.

I am so shocked and pleased to read of so many people out there experiencing all the same things i have since finding this site as I felt so alone, like no one understands. And I don't blame them, because it is impossible to understand it until you've experienced it.

I'm really determined to get through this without taking medication for it.

:weep:

:welcome: Le1986, i can understand how you must be feeling like much of us suffering from the same or similar type of anxiety, but my advice is to hang in there, after all we all know its just a psychological thing most of the time brought on by the anxiety, and it is beatable so just be strong, have you arranged any therapy with your doctor since it started? x

milly jones
09-09-08, 16:41
:welcome: hi and a warm welcome to no more panic

hugs :bighug1:

milly xxx