PDA

View Full Version : Heart again!

mothermac
08-09-08, 01:47
Sorry to put yet another post on about palpatations but this has really freaked me tonight.I woke up after only been in bed an hour and had the usual thumping heart,I put my fingers to the vein in my neck to feel my heart beat and it felt as though it would beat then have a slight pause before beating again.I am really frightened and had to get up which is why I am on here now,I went to the docs last week and have an appt at cardiology on the 7th of oct as I have been before and they said I had right bundle branch block.This shouldn't cause problems they said but if I had any worresome symptoms to go back which I am.This has really scared me and I am worried even more about my heart now,does anyone else have this sensation?

Anxious_gal
08-09-08, 02:16
i get that too, where there is a pause, sometimes i cant even find my pulse n i get a weird sensation in my chest, just palpitations i guess

Alisonj
08-09-08, 04:59
Anything related to your heart can be terrifying. It is my biggest fear. I notice every little beat, miss, pound, everything that my heart does. I am 100% in tune to it. Which is a bad thing. Everyone has the missed beats. Every single person. Those with anxiety are more in tune to their bodies and notice it much easier than those that dont suffer.
It has taken me many many years to realize that the missed beats will not kill me. I still worry about many other things though! lol But this is one thing that as a huge heart worrier I can tell you is ok. Unless you begin to have other serious symptoms along with it, you will be ok.
Huge Huge hugs! I completely understand the fear 100%