PDA

View Full Version : I've definatly beat it !!

tara
19-05-05, 17:05
Hi all, some of you know me, and some of you don't. I just thought ' drop in and let you all know how things are for me.

I have so beaten my anxiety/depression. Since just before christmas I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have become stronger, more focused and i'm so happy!! I still take some medication, i'm down to 40mg of propanonol a day instead of 120mg and I take 10mg if cipralex a day. This is not an issue for me.

I had my first drink of alcohol 2 days ago, the first drink in 2 years since my anxiety/panic started. (oh no I may become an alcoholic again lol). I had 2 glasses of wine and really enjoyed them.

My springer spanial got run over a month ago and I thought this was going to freak me out and start my anxiety off again, but it didn't and i dealt with it really well. The driver broke her back and shes had to spend the last month in a cage to allow her bone to knit back together, shes back to the vets tomorrow to see what comes next. During this time I've cried which was such a bg issue for me as i was so afraid to cry and the thought of crying would send me into a panic, but i've been able to cry which is a big milestone for me.

It just seems i don't analise everything anymore and just get on with my life. I'm really happy and i hope all my friends are doing well.

I'll pop in again soon, love and hugs to you all Tara xxxx

LisaS
19-05-05, 17:41
Tara,

thats fantastic news.. well done to you.. it is so nice to hear success stories!

which things helped you get through it?

Lisa
xxx

Meg
19-05-05, 18:01
What good news Tara.

Thanks for stopping by and letting us know.

Sorry to hear about your dog but sounds like that is also getting better day by day..

Good luck in all you do

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kimmy
19-05-05, 18:06
hello tara,
we havent ever spoke, but reading your story is fantastic.
a real inspiration for us all. i thaught reasently im over things, but fear of it all coming back just keeps creeping in. "feeding the fear" as its called. i would just like to say thank you because you can show me it can end! good luck for the future xxxx

seh1980
19-05-05, 18:48
hi Tara,

Nice to hear from you!! Has been a long time!! I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing - keep it up!! Don't be a stranger..

Sarah :D

Karen
19-05-05, 22:23
Glad you are doing so well Tara.

Hope your dog is well on the way to recovery.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
19-05-05, 23:37
hey tara,
wow, what a fantastic success story! really well done. i find it particularly encouraging because i haven't been able to drink since my panic started and i really miss my glass of wine with dinner and debauched nights out!
anyway, it would be interesting to hear about how you overcame your anxiety/depression, so don't stay away for too long!
henri x

lainey
20-05-05, 10:02
Hi Tara

I wondered where you were!
I'm so happy for you, I'm well on the way too, but notquite there yet.
I'm glad your dog is getting better.
Keep in touch.
From one taffy to another!
Elaine x

vernon
20-05-05, 16:17
Hiya Taffy (tara) (arat lol).
so glad to hear from you and glad u r doing so well and so sorry about your dog I remember the time you got her. Miss seeing you in chat at night u was always there :(. take care and good luck. Vernon xxxx

tara
23-05-05, 16:06
hi guys, cheers for the lovely responses. This site helped me so much over the past two years, I got so much support and information which helped me along my road to recovery. My doctor was also a great source of help too.

Patience, knowledge an taking one day at a time helped me so much and then one day I realised got I feel so good and had been for a few weeks, then I would praise myself for it (lol).

Love ya all Tara xx

tracyp584
23-05-05, 16:31
Hey Tara,

CONGRATULATIONS! SO good to hear that the light at the end of the tunnel is still there!!

Glad everything is going so well,

Take care,

tracy x x

andrew
26-05-05, 07:25
hi tara

pleased to see you doing so well and happy ... tc andrew