PDA

View Full Version : arms and legs feel disconnected

skaagent7
08-09-08, 06:25
im new here and i do have anxiety disorder. resently i been having these feeling at time where it almost feel like my arms are disconnected from my body. almost like i cant feel them even though i do feel pain and sensation. sometimes when i walk it feels like my legs go missing and i feel of balabce when that happens. i fear it something bad. one thing i did notice was that what freaks me out is if i touch something when i move, realizing that only my hand feels touch and not my rest of my arm doesnt freaks me out.. weird i knnow but i dont know what to do.. I fear its MS or worse....:weep:

LeeBee
08-09-08, 12:21
Hi there, welcome to NMP :)

What you describe does sound like something that can be caused by anxiety - numbness is a common anxiety symptom, as described on the symptoms page

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms

Balance problems and weakness in the limbs can be caused by anxiety too. When feeling particularly panicky or anxious my legs sometimes go weak and rubbery, and I get numbness/tingling and trembling in the hands quite often too. Always worth getting yourself checked by a doctor if you haven't already when you get symptoms that you've never had before, to put your mind at rest. Hope you feel better soon :)