PDA

View Full Version : any1 got any good ideas or books etc for low self esteem

titchjd
08-09-08, 09:23
Hiya every1 ......Hope you are al ok .

I have very low self esteem :weep: alongside my anxiety ,panic and agoraphobia .
My counsellor has said I need 2 work on my self esteem and start 2 feel better about my self .......but where do I start ?

Has any 1 got any advice or maybe recommend some books or cds that may help me

Thank you for reading :D

Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

titchjd
08-09-08, 22:17
Hellllllllllloooooooooooo anyone there hahha :D

any advice greatly accepted ....if not just tell me a joke 2 cheer me up haha :roflmao:

Titchjd xxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
08-09-08, 22:56
Have you read the website page?

My GP referred me to a women's self-esteem course as well - that was very helpful.

titchjd
09-09-08, 07:38
Thanx Nic ..Yeah read webpage thanx x

Oh never heard of that course will definately ask my Dr

Thanx
Titch xxx

Moo
09-09-08, 11:01
Try this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Days-Great-Self-esteem-Discovering/dp/0091825628/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220954369&sr=8-4

its very good and has lots of exercises to work through.

Hope this helps
Moo x

titchjd
09-09-08, 11:53
Thanx Moo.......I went on amazon last night and ordered that book .........so for you 2 recommend it 2day Im pleased I chose that 1 xxx:D

Thanx

Hope you are well
Titch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope 2
09-09-08, 12:23
Hi Titch

We both have probs with the old esteem malarky eh.

I think it's a bit of a vicious circle for you, cos the things you could do to boost yr esteem are the things you are fearful of. BUT you areso getting there.

You went for the pub meal:yahoo:
You collected yr little one from school:yahoo:

These r just 2 examples of how you have done so very well at not letting fear control you. This takes immense courage and I for one think you are a brave lass. You look for solutions all the time, to help your self, big pat on the back for that alone. Not to mention returning to work..........flippin norah you go girl lol.

I reckon in order for us to have self esteem, we have to have believe in ourselves as individuals. For me, I still don't feel to brill about myself no matter what I do. But as u know, I am sooooo hoping that counselling will help me feel better in me own skin.

I think u r doing so well, I think it's just a matter of time for you hun, and then world watch out he he xx

Love Jules xx

titchjd
09-09-08, 13:34
Thanx Hope 2 .........xxx

See I just seem 2 be going through the motions but not actually getting better ...if that makes sense .....Im doing these things but still wake anxious and go 2 bed anxious ...............Do you think this is normal and maybe in time will get better ........regarding work I dont know if its right thing 2 do but will see eh !

See how Im negative on things ....Arghhhhhhhhh xx

I always see the downside and not the upside ....maybe Its cus Im having bad day xxx

You will do it aswell Hope You ARE a great person ..I know u will not prob believe me as Im the same but you are xxxxx

Big Big Hugs x:bighug1:

Titch xxx