PDA

View Full Version : Worse night for such a long time, has this happend to you?

popsy
08-09-08, 10:46
My anxiety levels and then depression have really worsened recently, ive tryed to ignore it, but my thoughts have been so negative that last night i really lost it. I couldnt stop crying and was so scared by the panic and depression. In the end i went to bed early, i was shivering for hours like i was in shock and felt freezing cold. When i did finally sleep my dreams were weird and apparently my partner say i continually kicked my legs all night, my legs felt like they were in pain.

By midnight i felt so dizzy and my ears were ringing, i felt incredibly sick so much so that i made myself sick. I was so clammy and spinning.

The whole thing was a nightmare, i felt like i had completely gone mad, and that my sanity has gone.

At 6am this morning, i made myself sick again, i know i shoudnt have done but it was the only way i could convince my partner i couldnt deal with the children and do the school run. He stayed off work and went in late and dealt with it all, i think he now thinks i have some bug - how i wish that is all that it was.

I feel so very frightened that the anxiety and depression could make me so physically ill, and keep thinking it has moved on and i am now dealing with a psychotic illness or something...

I have been so much better recently and dont understand why i have slipped back to where i was literally 9 months ago, before i started on anti-depressents and diazapam.

Has anyone else experienced there spells at night? I feel so detached from reality now and basically scared. I feel like i have nothing to look forward too, i just wanna break free and smile again.

Any advise would be gratefully received, just to know im not the only one who has experienced this would help so much. Im not even sure my description does it justice, i cannot put into words how bad it was and how scared i am now.

Hugs
Posy x x x x

sarah peacock
08-09-08, 11:35
i can sort of relate to how
you are feeling as most nights when i am dozing off my whole body suddenly jumps. i used to find it quite funny but it happens all the time lately. i get like a rush of adrenaline through my body then butterfllys in my stomach and my heart feels as though it's going to leap out of my chest! i also get really cold and shivery mainly when i am tired but nomatter what i do i can't seem to get warm. i have also had ringing in my ears on a couple of occasions but not very often. does your partner understand you or are you going through all of this alone? i know i couldn't bare to go through it without any support.

mandie
08-09-08, 21:25
Awwww hun

Im so sorry u went through this.

Last year i had my first panic attack. It was early evening and I went to bed because i was so scared. The room was spinning and i shook continuously for about 3 hours. I was freezing and it was like my whole body was chattering. It was the worst thing i had ever experienced. i cant put into words how scared i was.

U no wot I have been going through and today has been another horrible day. I to feel completly detached from reality and it scares me so much.

This has been going on every day for the past few weeks and i wish i could give u some advice on wot to do, but i cant.

Just wanted to post to say im thinking of you

love mandie x :bighug1:

pinkpiglet
08-09-08, 22:10
Aww, you poor thing, i'v had this too and it's frightening.
It really is just extreme symptoms of anxiety and this can sometimes shock our system (hence the uncontrollable shaking and feeling cold). It sounds a bit like an adrenalin rush and your blood pressure probably dropped with you been layed down.
The cold dead of night can be a lonely place and your mind can do (and think) strange things. You start to think really 'off-the-wall' and bizzarre scenario's that make little or no sense.
I had a few episodes like these a few weeks ago and in the end i got up and read a magazine, paid a visit to NMP and washed the pots. I was very tired the following day but getting up and busying myself eased my anxiety.
Hope you find this hlps!!:bighug1:

Neilr1978
08-09-08, 22:18
i can so relate to this thread.I had been really well with my anxiety upto 3 weeks ago then wham downhill slide to where i was when it first started maybe even worse(god knows how).I have no idea what triggered it but it did.I feel 10 no 100 times worse on a night i feel like im so isolated and detatched.I still feel bad during the day but the nights are soo bad.I think its down to the fact most ppl are asleep and in bed and im being tormented and because you have no one to talk it through with at 4 am it snowballs into something HUGE!!