PDA

View Full Version : That was the worse thing Iv ever experienced

cameron
08-09-08, 13:48
Firstly Im not the worlds best speller so try bare with me!..

I never ever want to experience that again in my life. Prior that bloody awful moment I was the sort of person that if you had said to me you suffer from panic attacks then Id quietly inside think your a little bit crazy and looking for pitty.

Im male, 42 year old and happerly married with kids, a self employed wedding photography and a real busy one at that I took on so much work for the year any other would proberly do over a 2 to 3 year period so this is where I know for sure the cause of my panic attack.

About 3 days prior the moment of the attack I started to get really tight chest pains all down my left-side, breathing was really shallow and I did not like to be in others company but as I had a wedding to do the day before the attack I had to go out and cover it wondering how the hell would I get thru the day without people noticing I looked a bit distant but I think that was just in my mind but the chest pains were real and on a couple of occasions on the day when someone would speak to me I could feel some sort of insecure about me and the more I thought of it then the worse it got and Id say sorry I suffer from Asthma but I dont, that was only an excuse to hid the fear that was rushing thru me like a jet engine starting I thought I was going crazy and chest pains were like being crushed in a vice.

As I got thru the day without freaking out in front of anyone when I got home I stayed up all night playing my guitar and must have drank about a bottle of Vodka over a good 10 hour session. For all that I had drank I really did not feel drunk so went to bed and woke up abouy 6 hours latter and thats when the nightmare of the panic attack came to a head.

Firstly I felt really insecure and did not want to be in anyones company and thought I was having a nervous brake down and for the chest pains I thought I was about to have a heart attack or stroke the feeling was terrible and one I will never forget, I felt as if all I wanted to do was cry and thats not me, I remember thinking I will run a big warm bath and soke in it but when I did I started to step in and out of the bath and my mind was by this time really thinking I was going mad and kept thinking I was 5 seconds away from a heart attack or stroke, my body by this time was tremberling, sweaty hands, feeling sick, blured vision, feeling strangly lonely the list was endless. It was a bloody awful experience and hope to god one I will never have to go thru again.

So how did I get thru it, well over the years Iv always from time to time liked to relax listening to hypnotherapy tapes and one I had was about Agrophobia although I dont suffer from that so as I played the tape the introduction tells you a few breathing exercises, take 3 deep out breaths not in breaths, as I did this while the panic attack was bombing me senceless things started to ease down and after a few moments all the body stress started to go away and the mind bending thoughts left. About a few hours latter I really felt on top of the world for coming thru that bloody awful moment and all pain had left me as if I never had it.

I can only hope that I will never feel like that again and Id glady give anything to never go thru that nightmare that scared me s***less.

Take care, Cameron.:blush:

maz67
08-09-08, 15:26
:weep: Hi Cameron,

I had my worst attack last night, just woke up and felt awful. I managed to do my breathing exercises and it calmed me down.

I have been feeling low recently since coming out of hospital after having a brain tumour removed. But this has hit me six months after the op, i went to the docs this morning and she told me that i had delayed shock.

I used to wonder how these panic attacks felt and now i know !!!

I am trying to think positive just like you.

Mandy:yesyes:

cameron
08-09-08, 18:30
Hi Mandy,

I really do feel for you, no wonder your going thru this after coming out of Hospital with such a life threating experience please just take things easy and just take all the time in the world looking after yourself and never forget theres people like me out there that are thinking of you so chin up girl and try a little to put a smile on your face even if only for a few seconds.

Its changed my life no doubt but Im going to overcome this and so will you.

Cameron.:bighug1:

Dahlia
09-09-08, 09:39
Hi Cameron

That sounds horrendous - and I know exactly how you felt. Two things that occurred to me though - you were clearly stressed about your workload, and that was causing your physical symptoms when you were at the wedding. However, the bottle of vodka, although it seems like a good idea at the time, doesn't help. An alcohol hangover is a fast track to panic, especially when you are already in a highly anxious state of mind. I think it has something to do with the sugar level. I had a similar experience recently, and I swear I'm never touching the stuff again!!

cameron
09-09-08, 10:57
Hi Dahlia,

Yes your so right about the Vodka and funny thing you say about the sugar levals cause after the attack I drank about 5 cups of very hot sweet tea and it tasted really good for someone that dont take a lot of sugar intake so thanks as that makes sence to me. The Vodka either needs to be stampted out or cut right down.