PDA

View Full Version : teenagers!

bluesparkle
19-05-05, 18:05
i need some advice about where to go to get advice!!!
its not directly to do with panic/anxiety etc but i am having trouble with my youngest son who is now 15yrs... we have had to have professional help before he had a social worker when he was quite young when his dad left and also had a counsellor when we moved up here a few years ago. but at the moment he has no help and i feel he is going back down a slippery path fast...its a long story and i wont go into it now unless it will help...but things came to a head again yesterday and it needs sorting soon.
i am on my own with 4 kids and on top of my panic/anxiety i am finding it really hard this time.
i rang the school today but they werent very helpful... i rang social services but they never rang back and his old counsellor has left and they wouldnt give me a new one to see...
i really feel we need help and i dont know where to go...
any advice would be great

Piglet
19-05-05, 19:05
Hi Blue,

I'm not much help with where to point you but as the single mum of 3 teenagers I can relate to this phase as being full of challenges to my patience levels.

Hang on in there kid, it is only a phase and we can do it.

Love Piglet

carlin
19-05-05, 19:18
Hi there,
sorry you are having problems right now, the only thing i can suggest is that you keep ringing social services, if you think your son is taking a step backwards then he would benefit from another counsellor, could your doctor help? sorry i'm not very good at this type of thing, but just wanted you to know i understand and sympathise xxxxxx

Karen
19-05-05, 22:30
Hi Blue

Perhaps you could speak to your doctor about this. Would your son go with you to see the doctor?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

bluesparkle
20-05-05, 09:02
hi...
thank you for the replys
i am going to the doctors this morning... tom wont come with me so will just see if he can help at all... its a new doctor as mine had retired(used to have a lady doctor) but guess its time to put my fears to the back of my mind for now as i need to get some help with this...
social services havnt rung back...only his form tutor who was ok but not much help...
his dad was even worse(he only see`s him for the day once a fortnight)he just said ground him for a week that wont help!. sorry had to just have a quick moan about that too
well lets hope today brings some help
thank you for listening
rach

kairen
20-05-05, 14:09
hope you got on ok at dos hun

i will do doubt speak to you later

take care

kairen x