PDA

View Full Version : to exercise or not to exercise?

tr
19-05-05, 18:17
I have started getting palpitations and heart flutters more frequently lately, particularly if I'm in a hurry or tired. However I've stopped having the headaches I was getting, so it seems like one symptom takes the place of another...? But what I'm wondering is - when I get the palpitations and pounding heart, is it better to exercise or to rest?

seh1980
19-05-05, 18:29
hello tr,

I think it's better to exercise. The more you exercise, the less likely you are to get the palpitations in the first place..

Sarah :D

Meg
19-05-05, 18:34
You will generally only get them in warm up or cool down phase.
Either way they won't harm you ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

florence
19-05-05, 21:45
Hi tr

If palpitations are created by anxiety which means created my too much adrenaline, then exercise is good, as it gets rid of that adrenalin + tension.
I think gentle exercise can be beneficial, ie yoga.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

tasha
20-05-05, 10:35
I've been told it's best to exercise. Have you tried something like yoga? That's supposed to be quite good and isn't too strenuous.

Piglet
20-05-05, 13:37
I can certainly vouch for yoga - I can almost feel the tension get released with each movement. My doctor recommended it 18 months ago and its been one of the best suggestions I've been given.

Also just a damn good walk will get rid of the adrenalin (any agoraphobic days and the stairs get a bit of a beating instead).

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

tr
20-05-05, 14:43
What about pilates? I've been doing that and quite enjoy it, but everyone always goes on about yoga - aren't they quite similar?

linjane
20-05-05, 20:51
Hi tr,
I get 'heart flutters' regularly and have done for three years. I've tried yoga but can't relax enough to do it, totally useless, basically!:D Everyone has advised me that exercise is good for them only trouble with me, is that I get them sometimes ever during exercise. As everyone says, they are not dangerous and you need to try to ignore them, easier said than done I know, but we just have to practice.
Take care,
Linda.x

nomorepanic
20-05-05, 20:53
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">What about pilates? I've been doing that and quite enjoy it, but everyone always goes on about yoga - aren't they quite similar?

<div align="right">Originally posted by tr - 20 May 2005 : 14:43:02</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I loved fitness yoga but found Pilates very boring.

Sorry !

Nicola