PDA

View Full Version : Flight fear

Jodie01
08-09-08, 20:22
Hi

I will be going on a long flight next week which is making my anxiety levels go through the roof. I have just been in the NMP shop and seen the Bach rescue remedy. I wondered if anybody had used this and did it help? I am also taking Cipralex so could i also take this Bach remedy with these meds. Would be very grateful for any advice. xx

:shades:

nomorepanic
08-09-08, 20:35
Jodie

I use RR when I am going somewhere that I may panic about.

You may notice that there are now RR pastilles - I picked up some today and added them to the shop.

I haven't tried them yet but they sound good to me!

Yes you can take RR with medication.

Jodie01
08-09-08, 20:47
Hi

Thank you for the advice. I have just ordered the pastilles. xx

nomorepanic
08-09-08, 20:52
Jodie - let us know how you get on with them. I will post them tomorrow for you

Cheers

Jodie01
08-09-08, 21:07
I will and thank you again x

Nicki A
08-09-08, 21:13
My Doctor usually gives me Diazapam/Valium when I fly. They relax you and are very good.

Good luck
Nicki
x

eternally optimistic
08-09-08, 21:20
GOOD LUCK WITH THE FLIGHT AND YOU WILL BE FINE.

J

Jodie01
08-09-08, 21:21
Thanks Nicki the only thing that i am scared of taking valium etc is that if they knocked me out too much cos i am travelling alone with two young children. Another reason why my anxiety levels are so high but they deserve a holiday they have never been abroad. xx

StevenB
08-09-08, 23:30
Good luck. I really admire anyone who hates flying but does it anyway. Last time I flew was 5 years ago, having avoided it for years. I did use some form of rescue remedy from Helios homeopathic in Tunbridge Wells. My main technique was to read a book, and pretend, in my head, I was on a train. Seemed to work. I was hoping the experience would have cured me of my intense dislike of flying, though I wouldn't go that far!

Have a great holiday.

Steven

Sleepy
09-09-08, 08:37
I used to be terrified of flying until about ten years ago when I was ill on holiday, and was still shaky and weak on the return flight. I don't know why I felt this, but I suddenly realised that I could trust the pilot to do his job properly. From that flight on, I haven't been frightened.

I do notice the strong smell of Rescue Remedy in the plane on take-off and landing though!

Have a great holiday.
Sleepy

Jodie01
09-09-08, 18:10
Thank you all for your support. How sad is this i bought a nintendo DS today cos i thought if i get involved in a game the time will pass. Wish i could take the internet so i could talk to you guys tho. xx

dcclark
10-09-08, 19:30
Hi
I fly to St Lucia in 2 weeks time and I also have bought a DS!!! Im really hoping it will distract me! I did a Virgin fear of flying course but that made my anxiety worse than ever!