PDA

View Full Version : increase of meds

clareandjohn96
08-09-08, 22:14
hi there everyone,

I have been on 20mg fluoxetine for about 8 weeks for my anxiety, it took me about six weeks to get over the initial side effects (horrible, horrible, horrible), for about a week i felt a little bit better, then started feeling my anxiety return a little so the doc increased my dose to 40mg a week ago. For the first couple of days i felt ok actually felt a little better than i have for a while, then today felt a bit strange then tonight the panic attacks have started, the twitching, the hyperventilating. I feel so scared that i gonna be really bad again. Could this just be side effects of increasing my dosage or are my tablets not helping.

ElizabethJane
09-09-08, 08:11
I would contact your GP as soon as possible. It could be a side effect of the drug or your symptoms returning. The doctor will know what to do whether to persevere or not. You should not be suffering after an increase.

nanny
09-09-08, 10:29
I Agree with Elizabeth, go to or phone doc just to put your mind at rest, some meds do do this after upping the dose but will only last a couple of days.
But just incase, i'd check it out. :)

nicgrace
10-11-08, 19:54
My GP said that if I was to increase my dosage from 20mg to 40mg then there shouldnt be any new side effects as it was already in my system? My intial side effects were suicidal thoughts (I was so scared) but it did pass, but I queried this with my GP and he said that I should be fine increasing?

Phone your GP and see what he thinks.....

Good luck x