PDA

View Full Version : Relief of tension headaches

EmmaJane
19-05-05, 22:08
Hi all,

Think this is the place for this posting. I have had a tension headache and neck ache all day. All due to worry about the dentist tomorrow.

I have now got a hot water bottle at the base of my head and on my neck and after 10 minutes my headache and tension has all gone.

So my top tip is:

THE GOOD OLD FASHIONED HOT WATER BOTTLE FOR TENSION HEADACHES AND NECK ACHES.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

florence
19-05-05, 22:28
Hi EmmaJane

Thank you for the tip. I have these tension headaches quite often, so I'll give it a go.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Sue K with 5
20-05-05, 01:01
Well done you !

I have been looking for an answer to that for ages, I get tension headaches because of working on the computer.

Well done!!! I am going to try that now

Sue

scknight

Sarah-Jane
20-05-05, 01:32
im forever getting tension headaches well done thanks for the tip will use it ........need hot bot first though lol

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

Sarah-Jane
23-05-05, 23:04
Got a hot water bottle this weekend £1.99 from wilkinsons xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

sal
23-05-05, 23:07
Hi Em

A great suggestion and as we can all see it does work. Hope you are okay.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

EmmaJane
24-05-05, 10:02
Hi all,

Hope it works for you all. Think I need it today[:P]

Emma xx

seh1980
24-05-05, 10:51
Thanks for that Emma. I get them quite badly sometimes..:D

chucklehound
21-06-05, 16:13
only just read this tip thanks i will try that...

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

in1peace
23-08-05, 04:35
This is great, Emma!
I keep telling my husband that someone needs to invent a heated face/helmet thing. I get sinus and tension headaches together. I've always felt that heat works the best and I put hot rags all over my head. Can you imagine how great it would feel to have something like that that fits over your whole head?? LOL!
(my husband rolls his eyes and sarcastically tells me how sexy it would be to come to bed to a masked woman... ha ha!)[:I]

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Elle-Kay
28-08-05, 15:28
I get migraines which usually centre round the base of my skull/very top of my neck. I have had enormous problems keeping any hot or cold compresses on there, but bought something from the chemist which helps a lot in keeping things in awkward places. I can't remember what it's called (duh!) but it's a blue gel, in a rectangular plastic pouch, which you can either freeze or put in your microwave to heat up. It also comes with a fabric "pocket" that has a velcro strap attached for winding around heads/arms/necks/legs - whatever is hurt! - to keep the pack in place :)

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

EmmaJane
06-09-05, 20:18
Thanks all for your replies.

Leah, I have this aswell and guess what? I cant remember what its called either LOL

Emma xx

chellebelle
02-11-05, 08:59
Heat for tension headache is THE only answer! I use a wheat bag (which you put in the microwave for one minute) whenever I have a headache, which is almost all the time! My boyfriend swears I have an unhealthy "blanky" type relationship with it...I think he's jealous coz i can sleep without him but not without my wheat bag :D

"BUT it's DIFFERENT this time!"

Alice
02-11-05, 12:41
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I can't remember what it's called (duh!) but it's a blue gel, in a rectangular plastic pouch, which you can either freeze or put in your microwave to heat up. It also comes with a fabric "pocket" that has a velcro strap attached for winding around heads/arms/necks/legs - whatever is hurt! - to keep the pack in place :)

<div align="right">Originally posted by Leah - 28 August 2005 : 15:28:46</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I have one of these too! I got mine from boots, it doesnt have a velcro strap on it but is the same apart from that. Its a godsend, i keep mine in the freezer and use it whenever i get a headache, havent tried using it warm yet, will give that a go next time, thanks for the tip!

I got mine from boots, its called a sports hot and cold compress

aussiegirl
19-11-05, 08:22
great tip emma [^] i'll have to remember to try it

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids