PDA

View Full Version : Pressure in head/sinuses

chemlabrat
09-09-08, 00:41
Do any of you have pressure in the back or sides of your head that increases with standing?

If I feel my anxiety kicking in, and I have to stand upright for a long time, the pressure in the back and sides of my head as well as behind my nose builds and builds until I have to lie down. It's a feeling similiar to being held upside down by your feet and the blood pooling in your head. I've checked my blood pressure during this time as I suspected a drop in blood pressure from the standing causing the dizzyness and pressure, but it was a little high.

Anyone else?

kahi35
09-09-08, 05:17
hi yes i had this when my anxiety was high now it subsided cause i'm not anxious. i also when to the chiropractor and it seemed to have relieved my pressure in my head. I think mostly it comes from being tence and anxious. I'm off of work right now and i feel that my anxiety is gone for now . I use to get dizzy spells too and i found that was coming from my inner ear. i just excepted it and my symptoms went is not as bad. I also went to do some balance therapy. I don't know if the therapy or chiropractor helped me. so hope this help and hope you feel better. Also i can tell i don't have anxiety cause i am eatting again and gaining weight. that the only thing that i liked when i had anxiety.

nickieb
09-09-08, 05:57
Hey chem

Sounds like a blood pressure problem rather than sinus related to me. When you stand it causes a postural drop, known as postural hypertension. It is natural to have a slight drop,however not to big a drop. The fact your feeling this pressure i would be inclined to think you have slightly raised BP most of the time & makes the postural drop more apparent to you.

If you are worried see your GP for a review in the meantime make necessary changes to lower your BP.

Best wishes