PDA

View Full Version : Soggy Doggie

Moogue
09-09-08, 11:35
Afternoon All,

Well what do you want to know?

The facts -

Have been suffering (and boy is that the right word ) with varying mental health problems since i was about 13.....now 32!

Have got frustrated and dissenchanted with the NHS Mental Health Department more times than i can count.

Am resigned to the fact that i am a f***wit (in Bridget Jones style) and no matter how many times I am a good and loving person there is always someone out there prepared to kick you back down.

The final curtain is never far from my mind and i get tired fighting every day to fit into societies numerous petty expectations of the fellow human.

The most apt thing a friend ever said to me was "Flic....you can run half way round the world..... but you can't get away from yourself"........I think that was the start of getting "better"

The Here and Now -

I think I am happy... hummm.... have a loving caring chap...who just doesn't quite "get it", My Wonderfull dog Moogue who is 15 now and travelled with me around Europe. Nice house etc etc The down side??? I have more drugs than the local chemist!

Taking Venaflaxine 300mg per day, plus sleeping tablets (zorpha somthing or other) then there are my painkillers and anitinflams for arthuritis and then the ones to combat the sideeffects of the others!!!!

Surely a hit on the head with a hammer would be more effective ?!?!?!?!?!

Why have a Registered?

To share and care...... it is difficult talking to the ones you love and love you as they seem to think that there is a BIG FIX or that it is something they are doing wrong..... so whilst most days are goodishy yet flat... on that bad days, you just need someone to listen and UNDERSTAND.

Love and Hugs to you All

xx Flic xx
:bighug1:

lorac
09-09-08, 11:56
Hi Flic

Welcome to the site. You will find many people on here to share and care things with and lots will understand how you feel.

Take care

Carol

Moogue
09-09-08, 12:18
Cheers Carol,

More want to be there for others - am hoping to come off my Venaflaxine - but petrified by the side effects.... miss just one day and my head feels like is falling off and vision goes all wonky!

Have been diagnosed with many different things, paranoid scytzophrenia (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=scytzophrenia&spell=1), psycotic disorder, bi-polar and manic depression, clinical depression, Permenant low mood, anxiety and stress..........

How many lables are there?!?!?!?!

Hugs

popsy
09-09-08, 12:27
Welcome, i hope this site gives you as much support as i have found over the past 9months.

Popsy x x x

Moogue
09-09-08, 12:40
Welcome, i hope this site gives you as much support as i have found over the past 9months.

Popsy x x x

Cheers Popsy,

It just helps with the "you are not alone"..... I have friends who are suffering with various mental health issues but it is very hard to counsel those you are close to..... a bit like the blind leading the blind...and you both get too emotionally involved in thier problems which exaserbates your own...

I think i might just turn into an onion ;-)

It makes you cry but has many layers ;-) ?!?!?!

Catwoman
09-09-08, 14:43
Hi Flic, you ask how many labels there are here? As many as Victoria Beckham's wardrobe I reckon!
Like you I suffer mental health problems, but also want to help people as I am not as bad as I was and having done lots of things, being medically trained and having been round the block a bit, think I can help people.
Sue

milly jones
09-09-08, 16:20
:welcome: hi and a warm welcome to no more panic

hugs :bighug1:

milly xxx

alexis
09-09-08, 18:46
Hi and welcome, I am sure you will soon find your way around and make lots of new friends.

nomorepanic
09-09-08, 21:17
Hi Flic

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

marie1974
09-09-08, 21:22
hello and welcome hun, i am sure you will be a great help to lots here and also that u will pick up some advice for u and make some friends too. hugs xxx

pooh
09-09-08, 23:08
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

You have a sense of humour always the best thing to have when it comes to mental health issues pa's and so on and so on. And that is Auden's best poem.

Pooh x

Moogue
10-09-08, 16:18
Hi Flic, you ask how many labels there are here? As many as Victoria Beckham's wardrobe I reckon!
Like you I suffer mental health problems, but also want to help people as I am not as bad as I was and having done lots of things, being medically trained and having been round the block a bit, think I can help people.
Sue

Cheers Sue

Poshs' wardrobe... hehehe I like it....

Hugs

Flic

Moogue
10-09-08, 16:22
Hey All

Thank you for your kind words. ;-) ahhh it makes you feel all warm and fluffy inside

For those of you that don't know the Auden Poem that is quoted on my signature...... Nicely spotted there Pooh... here it is .... (from 4 weddings)

Funeral Blues
W H Auden

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood,
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

kittykat
10-09-08, 20:22
Hi Flic and :welcome: im sure this site will really help you xx

chelle_82
10-09-08, 20:39
Hiya,
I'm new here too and hoping to get the support/help I need. And I hope you do too xxx

Lindalou64
12-09-08, 13:23
Hello Flic And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda