PDA

View Full Version : back to work tomorrow ahhhhhhhhh

thoughts and actions
09-09-08, 17:10
hi guys :yesyes:

I am back to work tomorrow after being off long term sick with panic/anxiety since june- prior to june i was off for a fortnight and went back way to early.

I am not as nervous/anxious as i thought i would be about going back- (well compared to last time) and i know that i am so much better than before.

I am just scared coz last time i was in work was when i had the biggest panic attack ever- in ended up with me breaking down infront of one of the HR ppl and my manager and about 20 other ppl were witness to it

I work in a big call centre with over 1000 ppl in it- ive been there for 5 years- am just so so scared that tomorrowe when i go in all the memories of what happened to me will come flooding back (my anxiety was caused by an external factor but i used to use work to block out of my feelings and hide from what was happening-eventually i couldnt do it anymore) that external factor has gone now and i dont have anything to worry abotu or fear apart from my usual haha

I just really dont wanna go in there tomorrow and go backwards- does any1 have any tips

thanks guys

xx

titchjd
09-09-08, 18:38
Hiya .....I wish you all the best for going back 2 work 2 morrow..I know exactly what its like ..Im due 2 return next wed and like you I have been off a while and crackd up at work infront of many people ..I work in a large supermarket so i wish u all the best .

You will be fine once you get used 2 it again x

Let us know how you get on xxxx

Titchjd xxx

honeybee3939
09-09-08, 18:54
Hi

I want to wish you good luck for tommo too hun:yesyes: !

I think the first day is always the worse when returning to work, but try not to worry. Nothing bad will happen, if nothing bad happens while your at home then why should it happen when your at work ! Thats what i tell myself anyway. Im sure everything will be fine:hugs:

Let us know how things go, sending ya lots and lots of positive vibes hun too:yesyes: .

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

pinkpiglet
09-09-08, 20:02
All the best of luck for tomorrow but you'l probably find you enjoy been back at work. I went back 6 weeks ago after 2 years at home with a baby. It hasnt been anxiety free but i'v enjoyed getting back into the swing of things and now i'm settled and lovin it.
Let us know how you get on :yesyes:

milly jones
09-09-08, 20:40
as someone whose off work long term thru anx i can offer no advice

all i can say is that i wish u the very best of luck and hope that u keep fighting the beast that is anx and continue to be the winner

hugs

milly xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thoughts and actions
11-09-08, 12:44
hi guys

Thanks to you all for the kind messages re going back to work- i printed them off and took them with me.

I have just put a thread in success- i did it - i went to work and stayed for the full shift

was so proud of myself- feel panicky today but know its coz of my nerves from yesterday-

xx