PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare!

mothermac
09-09-08, 17:29
Members who have read my previous post's will know that I suffer from dreadful anxiety and panic when my husband is driving.He is a business adviser and doesn't travel long distances, but now and again has to travel to his head office for courses and things which is about a 40 minute drive from our house.He has been off on annual leave these past 2 weeks but has to travel tomorrow and I am getting really anxious as I know I will worry myself sick.He has to be there for 8.30 am and this means driving in rush hour traffic and the A19 road is very busy at that time and I am really worried.I wish I could just get on with my day like other people do when their partners go to work as I know my fear is taking over my life(and his)and it's stupid.I know the fear may stem from the fact that my dad died when I was 11 and went out the door and never came back but I can't live my life this way when Gary is driving anywhere.I feel as though I will never get over this as the fear of something happening to him is so overpowering,I often think what would happen to me if something did happen,my daughter would be without a mother as well as I am convinced I would die too.
I am currently waiting for counselling but I have to get through tomorrow and the next day and the day after that before I see her and he can't stop driving as his job depends on it.He has got hands free and I ring him whilst he is driving but I know this is dangerous but I can't stop myself,as soon as I hear his voice I know he is ok still.
Please will someone tell me that I can overcome this as I can't live the rest of my life this way and neither can Gary as it drives him crazy knowing I am worrying this way.

milly jones
09-09-08, 20:21
loads hugs to u pet xxx

my hb drives 1000s miles each year but this fear has never upset me, yet lol

can u ask him to text u every coffee stop or at arrival to stop u worrying?

i think that distraction would be of benefit too. can u do something u enjoy, or even something as horrendous as housework lol

were all here on nmp and u could always try chat to make time go fast?

any way loads hugs hunny

milly xxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

mothermac
09-09-08, 22:01
Thanks for replying Milly,I may just come on here and go to chat and see if that helps.I have been a bit quiet all day and he asked tonight if I was getting worried about tomorrow(er-just a little!!!)so he knows how much it affects me but is powerless to do anything about it as he needs to work as we all need money.
Hope the counselling will help me come to terms with this.!!

Alisonj
10-09-08, 00:32
I am so sorry that your husband driving causes you so much anxiety. My husband works about an hour from home and works 12 hour midnight shifts so when he is done he is exhausted and it scares me so badly that he has to drive home on a busy highway after that, especially when it snows. Defintely come in here or even pm me if you need to chat. We are here for you!