PDA

View Full Version : Weather Blues

yorkylover
09-09-08, 23:12
Hi,the last few week's my mood's have been really down and alot of it is to do with the weather. :weep: I need some sun!!!! Im dreading the long cold dark night's.Seem's like winter is going to be really long this year,as we haven't had a summer.
Is anyone else feeling so blue?

Im getting to the stage I wake up and just want to hide under my duvet and stay there when I see its so bleak outside.Is this S.A.D?

Hope Im not alone here.:ohmy:

its all good
09-09-08, 23:20
Your not alone, when its dark, cold and wet outside i feel down too. Sad, i have read is caused by the lack of natural sunlight and at this time of year what type of sun do we get! I read somewhere that you can buy special lamps and they can help lift your mood cause they are i suppose some kind of a substitute 4 the real sun.

yorkylover
09-09-08, 23:27
I heard that to,but I think they are quite expensive.
We want Sun!!!!!!!!:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

its all good
09-09-08, 23:34
I read in a mag that you cud get them from boots and i think they were bout 70 quid x

pinkpiglet
09-09-08, 23:36
Argos do these lamps for £40 unless i'm mistaken
They'r new. we looked at them for my dad who suffers from SAD.
Don't know if they'r any good though.
This darn weather is doin none of any good X
:wacko:

Alisonj
10-09-08, 05:25
I feel like we were cheated out of a summer here. We had more rain than we have had in 100 years and it was always so gloomy. I am not ready for winter at all.

kazzie
10-09-08, 21:51
Ellen:hugs:

I feel the same:weep:

The lamps are supposed to be good £100 should get a real good one.....have a fish on the net lots of companies will let you have one on try before you buy basis:D

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

never2late
10-09-08, 22:07
I am really very sorry to hear of those who had bad summer weather. I know how important each nice sunny day is throughout spring and summer. I'm very thankful that we had a great summer this year, because I know that winter is on its way, and is approaching rapidly.

It takes me quite a bit of time to "recover" from the cold, dark winter weather.

I crave sunshine and actually find myself daydreaming about it.

I'm going to try my best to stay in the gym and keep myself physically fit, and mentally active, throughout the winter this time around. Last winter I did not, and I found myself paying a very heavy price for not doing so.

Zingara
11-09-08, 08:35
Where do you live Frank? I'm coming to live with you! xx

titchjd
11-09-08, 09:15
Hiy every1 ....I must be the only 1 who actually likes the dark colder months .....I dont like summer as I get hot and it makes my anxiety worse ......I feel a lot calmer in the winter .....I agree we have had a LOT of rain ..a lot of peole feel more down through the winter months ..and maybe due 2 the fact we havent had a summer it would be worth you investing in 1 of the light lamps xxx

Best wishes and a big sunny smile:D

Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yorkylover
11-09-08, 12:52
I dont hate the winter,I like to snuggle up on the sofa with a blanket and a camomile and watch a good film,but I do like the sunshine.

I feel more cheerfull when its sunny,and I seem to want to do more thing's.I feel very lethargic when its so dim outside.

Winter day's can be lovely if the sun is shining,and it's not wet.:yesyes:

never2late
11-09-08, 13:51
That's the spirit Yorky . . . I'm going to follow your lead this winter and wake up and say "it's a beautiful day today". It's all a state of mind (as they say). I had a rough winter last season. I'm not having another one this year.

Samira, I live nearby to New York City. We've had a great summer this year, albeit a bit dry, which will now affect fall colors.

In fact, I'm traveling into New York City today for a meeting . . . 9/11 of all days . . . so I'm a bit anxious about that, especially driving through the tunnels under the river leading into midtown Manhattan. Not the best set up for someone who is anxious to begin with.

I thought of canceling for today, and re-scheduling . . . but I changed my mind and said that I will not let fear defeat me. So, it is welcome to come on as strongly as it likes . . . I'm stronger and will prove it.

NO MORE PANIC, right everyone?!?!

belle
11-09-08, 13:59
Hey...
I WOULD have agreed with you, but that was until last Autumn. Oh my goodness, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sun, i love the summer, i love heat, i love it all, but Autumn was truly amazing last year. The colours, the autumn sun, so gorgeous, in fact, i think we get more autumn/winter sun than we do in summer.
I use to hate the dark nights, dark mornings, but now, i think of it being really cosy and snuggley.
I am looking forward to it all :)

(Only because there is crap all i can do about it...lol)

jodie
11-09-08, 14:04
hiya

im like you titch i love the dark night,s and cold morning,s ,but i do feel for the people who like the sun as we have had very little of it this year .

jodie xx