PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and Propranolol

vain sharp dad
10-09-08, 08:31
Hi - I've been on Cit 40mg for about a year now, but I've been relapsing into panic attacks and early morning retching, sweating, confusion and so on.

I *think* that the Propranolol (20mg twice-a-day)is helping a bit, but I am still having the retching. Does it's impact grow over time, should I talk to my GP about the dose?

How have other people found it, and in combination with Citalopram?

Thanks

yorkylover
10-09-08, 12:43
I was on 80mg with citalopram,I found it really good.:hugs:

vain sharp dad
10-09-08, 12:54
Yes, I think when I go for my GP review, upping the dosage will be something I discuss.

yorkylover
10-09-08, 13:29
Reaching ect is part of the anxiety,I get that to.

nic x
11-09-08, 10:07
hi, im on 20 mg of cit, and just started taking 80mg propanolol to, just thought, id ask how u getting on with it? its only been 3 days for me and im not sure, xx

nanny
11-09-08, 10:24
HI

I was taking 20mg of cit and 160mg of propranolol for years, i never had any problems at all.

Good Luck

vain sharp dad
11-09-08, 11:29
I do think that it's having an effect - I need it to, in order to be able to do my job.

I'm going to see my GP in the week for a review, and see if an increased dose and/or slow release would be an option. If it could possibly put paid to the morning anxiety and retching I'd feel 'cured'.

Normally I have to have a bath in the morning, and I sit in there reading for an hour or so. Today I made a massive effort not to do so (I had a shower instead) then I went out and walked to the shop to get a newspaper, and sat and read it with an apple for my breakfast. I still felt like crap, and it doesn't sound like much but it was an attempt to be positive. I feel ok today, if a bit fragile.

caz303
11-09-08, 20:03
I do think that it's having an effect - I need it to, in order to be able to do my job.

I'm going to see my GP in the week for a review, and see if an increased dose and/or slow release would be an option. If it could possibly put paid to the morning anxiety and retching I'd feel 'cured'.

Normally I have to have a bath in the morning, and I sit in there reading for an hour or so. Today I made a massive effort not to do so (I had a shower instead) then I went out and walked to the shop to get a newspaper, and sat and read it with an apple for my breakfast. I still felt like crap, and it doesn't sound like much but it was an attempt to be positive. I feel ok today, if a bit fragile.

Well done :yesyes: I know how awful you can feel in the mornings when the anxiety is racing away and you really don't know what to do with yourself. So pat yourself on the back!!!! Take one day at a time and small baby steps and you WILL get there ;)

Oceangirl
13-09-08, 08:25
Yesterday i took my 1st Citalopram 20 mg. Felt peaceful at 1st only probably cus was excited to try smthing that wuld relive my anxiety disorder and pannicky feelings. I dont usually get full blown pannick attacks but get what u might call just pannicky. Anyway after taking my 1st Citalopram in the morning yesterday i had normal day then in evening i went to bed and woke up at about 1am to find myself unusually have major pannick attack like i wanted to run out of my home onto the streets!!!!!!!!!ughhh outta the blue. Iv never felt this way b4 so in the morning i rang NHS direct n they told me to not take any more. I soo need smthing to help me but dot need side effects like that!! I was gonna hope that mabe them symptoms may go away but i dont wanna risk my mental health.:roflmao::bighug1::bighug1::yahoo::yahoo:

vain sharp dad
19-09-08, 09:51
Well, I saw my GP, who upped my evening dose of Propranolol to 40mg as I am still finding it hard to actually get going in the mornings. The retching and panic are definitely much diminished at the moment, though.

I am starting to wonder about a few things though

a) Do people with anxiety/panic procrastinate more, generally?

b) If I have *always* been a bit anxious:

- I've never been entirely comfortable in my own skin

- I've always bitten easily,

Also, things annoy me irrationally, such as

- Certain shows being on TV that irritate me beyond belief making me feel almost trapped if other people (ie the kids) are watching them (usually in the AM)

- A period in late 2000 when I developed an irrational hatred of any mention of the north-west of england

- Travel, generally

vain sharp dad
25-09-08, 10:18
Okay - I'm feeling a lot, lot better. It's been three days now, and I am worried that I might relax, let myguard down and get caught out.

Odd that feeling better can make you worried, isn't it?