PDA

View Full Version : so scared i will give myself a heart attack - please help comfort me

katiedarling
10-09-08, 17:10
I am just so afraid of doctors and hospitals and being sick and being in pain.....that I am scared that if I ever have to go in somewhere, I will have such a massive panic attack that I will give myself a heart attack. Can this happen????
Like I have been having kidney pain lately, and I was so terrified to go to sleep last night because I thought I was going to wake up in the middle of the night with intense blinding pain....and I would have to go to the hospital. I had a panic attack last night because I thought I would have to go to the hospital and that I wouldnt be able to cope with it.......And I would end up having a heart attack.
Because you hear about like, natural disasters and stuff, where people die of heart attacks just because they are so scared....
So what if that happens to me??? I get so scared, that my body goes into like shock....and I start shaking and getting cold and teeth chattering.
And I go into panic....because I know that shock can kill people. And I think if I keep worrying about it, I will just give myself a heart attack. Can the panic be so bad that you just have a heart attack???
It must be, cause people die in like hurricanes and stuff, from heart attacks....
I am freaking out...Im really really panicked.

amandaj
10-09-08, 17:16
hi katie ive not known anyone to have a heart attack through fright yet,belive me id of had one by now if they did , do you suffer breathlessness is there any reason to feel like this ?are you always aware of your heart as i am ?

milly jones
10-09-08, 17:19
hunny anx will not kill u

pls try and believe that

have u read the stuff on pas in the website?

hugs

milly xxx

pinkpiglet
10-09-08, 17:20
YOU CANNOT DIE FROM A PANIC ATTACK,!
NO ONE EVER HAS AND NEITHER ARE YOU!!

ALL THESE THINGS THAT YOU EXPERIENCE LIKE YOUR BODY GOING INTO SHOCK IS ACTUALLY YOUR BODIES WAY OF CALMING YOU DOWN. YOUR MIND SWITCHES OFF (THIS IS WHAT SHOCK IS)
IT'S TERRIBLE FEELING THIS WAY AND ONLY YOU CAN LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR OWN PANIC SO VERY LITTLE I SAY WILL HELP.
I USE TO HAVE THE SAME FEAR OF HOSPITALS BUT THEN I STARTED TO THINK OF IT LIKE THIS 'IF I'M IN OR NEAR A HOSPITAL, I'M IN QUITE A SAFE PLACE.....REALLY' IF I TAKE POORLY OR HAVE A PANIC WHO BETTER TO HELP ME THAN HOSPITAL WORKERS!
I STILL FEEL ANXIOUS ABOUT HOSPITALS AND DOCTORS BUT IF I KEEP REMINDING MYSELF THAT IT'S THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE I CAN GET THROUGH IT.
POOR YOU, I HOPE I HAVE BEEN OF SOME HELP.
HAVE A HUG IF NOT:bighug1:

robertz
10-09-08, 20:41
hey katie,
so sorry your having problems right now, but i promise no one has ever had a heart attack from a panic attack. NO ONE! i know your really scared but your gonna be just fine. i promise!!!! :) just hang in there! hope you feel better soon

chris q
10-09-08, 21:56
katie this cant happen no one has ever died from a panic attack i know it worrys you but some times you have to say you cant hurt me cos it cant try to stop worrying i know its hard best of luck chris