PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia sufferer wanted for Radio talk show.

nomorepanic
10-09-08, 22:20
My name is Alex, I am searching for someone that has agoraphobia to talk
to us for the evening talk show I produce on a national radio station in the UK.
If you are willing to speak openly and frankly about the condition I would
love to hear from you.

Please post any replies here and Alex will read them or mail me and I will forward them on (nomorepanic@btinternet.com)

bottleblond
11-09-08, 14:55
Oi...your not Alex! your Nic!! Jings mate you getting one of those split personality thingies? Blimey!!!! :doh::winks:

xxxxx

Captain America
11-09-08, 15:48
there seems to be a lot of media attention lately in the UK about mental health. isn't there also some kind of phobia reality show starting soon or something?

i expect that means something like that will be coming to the states soon. keep an eye out for me folks. i'll be the one in the blue tights.

panicdiva
12-09-08, 00:43
I am more than happy to talk about my experiences with agoraphobia ..... if it means helping others feal that they are not alone, or crazy, I would be delighted to share my thoughts and feelings about how I live with agoraphobia.

thevoicewithinme
12-09-08, 14:06
I too would also be willing to talk on my experiences with Agoraphobia and how I overcame it once before and how I am now fighting to do so again.

Kaz

pink daisy
12-09-08, 17:26
Hi Alex

I am Kate I have suffered from Agoraphobia since I was 13.. I am 29 married with two children.

I am willing to talk about my condition I have also some radio exsperience..

Kate

Pauluk
12-09-08, 20:51
Hi Alex,

I am willing to take part if there is some therapy involved. I am 29 and have suffered from agoraphobia for well over 8 years.

Regards.

julieb
13-09-08, 00:52
Hi Alex,

i'd be really interested if you could send me more details please.

Ju x

purplehaze
15-09-08, 03:18
I will do it but I want cold bottled water and cheese cake in my dressing room oh and I want the rolling stones to sing flower of scotland.....ok if you want someone to speak openly and frankly then I am willing to be involved.....

Pauluk
25-09-08, 18:22
Lol Tetley, that makes two of us. Any news on this yet? seems to have gone a bit quiet.

billywhizz
29-09-08, 14:20
Hi Alex,

Good to see us Agoraphobics are slowly beginning to get a little more publicity, hopefully we'll eventually get so much that the government might actually look into helping us rather than either forgeting about us and leaving us to rot or trying to force us back into work.

I have been agoraphobic now for just over 2 years, my problem started out as just occasional panic attacks but over the years has developed into Agoraphobia. Im 28 years old and have two lovely children.

I would be most happy to talk to you regarding my Agoraphobia and Anxiety on your radio show, i would take great pleasure in telling my story and hoping that somewhere along the line i could help people see that they are not alone in this world.

Thanks

Billy

rosy
09-11-08, 12:02
Dear Tetley

I have had agoraphobia nearly all my life. But like you said, how would we get there.

The last time I went on a train about 3 years ago I shook all the way.

You could always come with me?????

Love from Rosy