PDA

View Full Version : There is light

EmmaJane
20-05-05, 14:45
Hi all,

As you may know, I was petrified about going to the dentist and having to have a crown. I have cancelled 3 times and was due to go today. Yesterday, I had headaches, neckache, sweating etc. You name it, I had it.

I was determing not to cancel this time, but was debating whether to take a diazapam or not before I went.

Well today..... Off I went to the dentist a nervous wreck, I NEVER took a diazapam. Told him I was anxious, hands sweating, couldnt swallow, was trying to breathe.

I decided I would work hard on my breathing, so I did along with telling myself to relax and I visualised the sea and the waves on the beach.

I was totally calm after a few minutes, didnt feel a thing and Im back home now.:D

Thank you all for your support.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

LisaS
20-05-05, 14:53
well done emma,

good for you!

Lisa
xxx

mom22
20-05-05, 16:53
That's super news Emma! Way to go girl!

Take care,

Sue

angieb
20-05-05, 17:36
WOW Emma - you go girl, talk about face your fears head on!!!!!

That is so good and I bet next visit will be even easier.

Inspiration indeed:D

tattybear
20-05-05, 19:34
Hi Emma...

[Wow!] Thats Fab!! Well done hun, you should be so proud of yourself.

You'll be able to look back on the experience now and this will help you when you have to go to the dentist next time...Just think of today and how you managed to relax and you'll be fine.

Well Done!!!!! [:P]

Tatty B xx

Karen
20-05-05, 22:54
Well done Emma.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

florence
21-05-05, 00:08
Wow Emma !!

Very well done!!! You've been very brave to decide to go thru this, and you went thru this !! You should be proud :).

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Meg
21-05-05, 10:27
How brilliant is that ?? Very well done !!

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Piglet
21-05-05, 14:24
Well done thats brill!
Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Barb
22-05-05, 19:15
WISH I COULD BE SO BRAVE. WELL DONE EMMA
LOVE BARBX

seh1980
22-05-05, 19:16
Nice one Emma!! :D

lin
22-05-05, 19:20
Hi Emma

Well done for getting to dentist [8D][8D]

linda x

sal
22-05-05, 23:03
Em

Well done you, knew you would do it. Hope that has instilled some more confidence in yourself and shown you that you can cope with situations you dont like.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.