PDA

View Full Version : Really wheezy and breathless

traciec39
11-09-08, 00:38
Hello everyone
Since sunday evening i felt the 1st stirings of a cold ie salty taste in throat n nose, sore throat and tickly cough.
The next day after a night of no sleep, it felt more like flu, shivering, hot flushes etc, However my chest is really worrying me.

Im very wheezy when i breathe in and out, also there are crackly sounds it feels like in breathing through a small hole just cant seem to get a big breath in.

The doctor gave me some antibiotics today said it seemed like a infection!!
I feel like im rattling when i breathe and its a struggle to cough up any phelgm (sorry yuck)

What scaring me most is i do smoke, has anyone ever had this???? god im scared thanks tracie

nickieb
11-09-08, 01:19
Hey Tracie

Hope your OK love. yeah if you have creps & wheezing on ya lungs its likely you have a chest infection or asthma. Its not serious so don't worry. Just make sure you take your tablets & drink plenty of fluids to thin the phlegm out. Also things such as steaming can help clear your chest. It will hopefully subside by the beginning of next week. If your worried though, do see your GP again honey.

Best Wishes xxx

jojo2316
11-09-08, 14:39
I have the same thing at the moment -I particularly hate the sort of clunky rattley vibrations in my chest. And of course I have been worrying away about lung cancer..... although i don't smoke. But in reality people do get this sort of thing all the time. It's called a cold! :-)

ruthb1
11-09-08, 14:58
hi,
i have had 2 chest infections since april and they are horrible, i dont cough anything up,i just feel like you that i am breathing through a small hole and cant get a deep breath. the antibiotics will help, give it a coulpe of days to kick in. i tend to worry now a lot over my chest as i seem to be getting more and more chest infections, like you i smoke and the doctor has told me on numerous occasions to stop, easier said than done i know, but i did give up for 3 weeks and felt marvelous, but went out for a night out and started again lol. if your chest doesnt clear keep going back to your doctors they may prescribe you an inhaler which i have now got.

hope you feel better soon

take care

ruth

traciec39
11-09-08, 19:18
Bless all you lovely people for replying to my post xx

I feel a little better today have had about4 anti biotics by now, so maybe they are kicking in!!!!
My breathing is still wheezy and rattley but ive also still got a full on head cold(and now a deaf ear).
But ive got odd pains in my back not in 1 place but in a few places, do you think its the infection?
Im terrified of lung cancer or COPD, and am serioiusly going to try my best to give up the ciggies.
Thanks again luv Tracie xx