PDA

View Full Version : propranolol

nic x
11-09-08, 11:11
hi, would like to know of any 1 else who takes propanolol, but was scared to at 1st???? iv heard so many success stories about these!! i have just started taking them 4 days ago, 80mg sr every morning, i am a real worriar about meds side effects so havnt read the leaflet!!! well today im feeling a bit like not really here, well here but not, if u no what i mean??? ( sounds daft) sick, really tired and earliar had a tight chest and throat, its passed now so therefore suppose it must be anxeity (hope it is!!) did anyone elses have this prob or any others (not scary) please let me know xx

GemmaAnn
11-09-08, 15:02
Hey, I started off at the end of last year on 80mg sr and they didnt work for me at all. I think the main problem was that I read the booklet that came with. I had no scary side effects or anything, but I just felt worse than before.
So I came off them

Having said that Iv been going through a bad time lately and thought I would try it again ... this time I told the doc about last time and requested 40mg which works really well for me (and Iv only been taking them since Tuesday!).

What im getting at here is that its different for everyone, but if the dosage doesnt work out for you ... dont be afraid to try lower/higher because its worth it to stick with them!

nickieb
11-09-08, 15:29
Hey Nic

there was a post only a few days ago regarding taking propanolol look back a a few days, there will be some good advice on there. xx