PDA

View Full Version : Aching Legs

fairyloveheart
11-09-08, 15:03
Hello

I now have really aching legs that keep waking me up at night and stop me getting off to sleep.

Any ideas what this could be. I keep linking this with my facial pain problems and worrying this could be a spinal tumour? My legs just ache. Seem to be better walking around and ache at rest:weep:

vti2007
11-09-08, 15:20
I have been suffering from this as well for months, it has eased off lately since I have been on citalopram so probably another delightful symptom of anxiety.

I found that a heat pad on my lower back/top of backside or on my hip really helped when it was bad.

pinkpiglet
11-09-08, 15:21
Hi there, does this tend to happen when you are feeling anxious or uptight has it sounds like a fairly coomon symptom? When i get over anxious or have had a panic attack my legs feel very heavy and achey and i can't get comfortable. I think it's because we tense our legs when anxious so once we start to relax they start to ache.
Also, my mother has taken benzodiazipan for 33 years and she gets heavy and achey legs which her doctor puts down to the meds. I depends on your medical history. (it keeps her awake at night)
I won't hurt to visit your gp if you are still concerned,
Hope you are feeling better soon chuck xx:bighug1:

Pudding
11-09-08, 16:07
Hi fairyloveheart, I get this too, it can be one of my worst symptoms, not because I'm afraid of it but because it hurts so much. Usually it's the big muscle in the top of my legs and it makes my back ache as well. I also use a heat pad or hot water bottle and this is like magic! It's just tense muscles I know and walking around usually helps me too, I think they just ache with so much tension in the muscle. Hope this helps!

Love pudding.

fairyloveheart
11-09-08, 21:05
Thanks guys, it just seems to come on when I go to bed in the main, although they did hurt after I'd been driving for about half an hour earlier. I keep thinking tumours in the central nervous system. I guess I will have to go back tot he docs again :(

precious78
12-09-08, 12:21
Sounds a little bit like restless leg syndrome which is common in anxiety sufferers. That can keep you awake at night.

Anxious_gal
12-09-08, 12:48
i started getting aching everywhere the last few days, i woke up to day my legs hurt-my back............ i put it down to not being very fit and stress as i could feel ho tense my muscles are, well being anxious all day i think maybe your muscles are just sore from being tensed up a lot

lorac
12-09-08, 13:06
Hi

I have been getting this on and off for a couple of months, usually when my period is due. Someone told me it could be restless leg syndrome.

Carol